Sunday 7 June 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge - May 25 - 7 June

Well, that's the end of a very quiet weekend. Dave worked the whole weekend so its just been me and kids, which has been quite peaceful and relaxing. I even managed to finish off some cards today which is a bonus!!


Was really excited about entering this Waffle Flower Challenge I finally have another stamp set of theirs and got my hands on the Doily Square Die which I've wanted for months!! So nice to have other products to use for this challenge, they must be sick of seeing my one stamp set:

 
I have to warn you, I love this die ALOT so it will be turning up quite a bit on my cards. There are so many ways to use the pieces that come with the die, can't wait to experiment!

I used the die on some white CS, I thought the pretty loops on the outside were very much like the white mat in the photo. I adhered it directly to the kraft CS card front. I then die-cut the square from some more white CS and stamped the sentiment from the 'Congrats' stamps set. I stamped the balloons (from the same set) in the challenge colours and fussy cut. Two were glued to the square and the yellow popped up on foam tape. 

I added some sequins (yellow and pink from Pretty Pink Posh, and green from Neat and Tangled) and put the square on some foam tape. There is a lot of white on white in the photo which I love to do with my cards.

Its going to be very cold in the morning but I have a lot of gardening to do in the large garden I look after. I haven't been out there for two weeks because of the weather, so I'm sure that the weeds have been cold but still happy to keep on growing. Going to be a long week........

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. I love this die a lot, too! Especially on your card! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super SWEET, Shona! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shona!!! I love, love love your card. I haven't used that die in this way and now I have to try it. You amaze me each and every time.Thanks for playing along with us at the Waffle Flower Craft Photo Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Shona ... that delicate border is just lovely ... those celebratory balloons are so fun against it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, what a beautiful translation of the inspiration photo! Your doily border is lovely; looking forward to seeing it appear often! And the wee balloons...such fun! Pretty and inspired! Hope the weeds didn't grow too much!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyy....you're a winner over at Waffle Flower! Cheering and applauding...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete