Thursday 11 June 2015

Runway Inspired Challenge # 85 - J. Crew

I went shopping today for some more foam tape and can't find it anywhere!! You know how much I used it on my cards and I usually have a few rolls stashed away but seem to have used them all and I'm freaking out! I have one more store to try tomorrow morning, so will be keeping my fingers crossed.....



This is the inspiration photo for the latest Runway Inspired Challenge. How I wish I had this outfit!! Although I can't imagine walking the dog or jumping with the kids on the trampoline in it but would be nice to know its in my wardrobe for a 'just in-case' moment.....

I was of course drawn to the glittery top but I also love coats and this one is so strong in colour and clean in design. I felt a shaker card coming on (and this is where the rest of my foam tape went to....):



I knew straight away that I wanted to use a black frame as the coat around the sequin top is very much like that (to me). I die-cut the frame four times from black CS, gluing three of them together. I adhered a piece of clear acetate to the back of the fourth frame and then glued to the stack. I laid the frames acetate side down and filled with sequins in colours similar to the photo. I also added lots of foam tape pieces around the frame.

The shirt-dress under the top is a gorgeous pale blue/lavender which I had in CS, so cut a rectangle piece and cut a rectangle in black CS as well. The black panel was adhered to the card front. The pale blue panel was pushed down over top of the sequins to make the shaker. This was then glued to the card front. I die-cut the 'hello' from gold CS and twice from white CS, gluing them all together. I used double-sided tape to stick this over the frame.

The frame die is from Paper Smooches 'Frames 2'. The 'hello' die is from Winnie and Walter and the pale blue CS is from DCWV 'Brights and Pastels'.

I'm going to also link this card to the Winnie and Walter - Join in to Win challenge they have on their blog. It gives you a place to show off how you used your W&W products.

I'm off to spend the weekend with my Mum tomorrow night, so you can expect LOTS of posts next week. I don't have access to my emails but will be on Facebook. Unfortunately Mum can't walk far at all at the moment (she see's the Orthopaedic Surgeon on Wednesday) so will be nice to keep her company, watch horror movies and she likes watching me create my cards. Of course there will be lots of yummy food involved too!!

Enjoy your weekend (when it finally comes around) and if you hear any screaming, its just me in the store tomorrow finding out I will be without foam tape for a while.....eeekkkk!!

Take care
Shona
 

10 comments:

  1. Dramatic, striking, gorgeous! Again, your translation of the photo to a card is incredibly unique! Again, I'm dazzled and delighted by your talent! Hope the search for foam tape proves productive! Living in a small town, I well know the frustration that happens when you 'need' something and it's nowhere in sight. Fingers crossed...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see another golden HELLO - so different than your other card and equally fabulicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab take on the inspiration photo, Shona ... you captured it perfectly with the sequins and that yummy gold hello! Have you tried ebay for foam tape? Just an idea! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so perfect in every way, Shona. Love the outfit, too ... it would have looked great... a million years ago! Love your interpretation of it...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous interpretation of the photo! I hope you find your foam tape. I forget how lucky I am to be so close to 4 big box craft stores and a LSS. I can always send you some foam tape! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - so fabulous and elegant! Perfect take on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Shona. Love the shaker filled with those colorful sequins. The black frames look wonderful. Great take on the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love the golden hello die cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Usually shaker cards are cute, but you made yours oh-so-elegant! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one awesome card.....totally love it.

    ReplyDelete