Monday 1 June 2015

Muse Challenge # 119

I didn't know if I was going to have a chance to enter the Muse Challenge this week but suddenly came up with an idea last night!


This is the Muse inspiration card for this weeks challenge by Joan Bardee. I love the simpleness of the design and that sweet pink cake. I don't actually have any cake stamps but came across something that's different but still sweet:



Yes, that is a pineapple. I'm not sure how many pink and gold pineapples are in the world but I would love one for my birthday!!

I stamped the pineapple body on white CS and heat embossed the leaves in gold. I fussy cut them both and adhered to a small panel of white CS. I then heat embossed the sentiment in gold too. I remembered I had some gold triangle patterned vellum tucked away (I thought the triangles were kind of like the pineapple spikes), so added a piece of that to the card front. The panel was then popped up on some foam tape.

The pineapple stamp is from Reverse Confetti 'Pineapples a Plenty'. The sentiment is also Reverse Confetti 'Fancy Word Co-ordinates' and the vellum is from My Minds Eye.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)

Simply Create Too Challenge # 86 (Keep it Simple)

Seize the Birthday 


I have one more card to post and then need to make a card due for tomorrow. Such a busy week with cards, so thank goodness Mr Mojo has come back from his hiatus. Let's hope he can keep up with the pace and not need another holiday soon!!

Take care
Shona



 
 

15 comments:

  1. I want that pineapple too! They are everywhere in the shops here at the moment, but nowhere near as glamorous, your card ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE your pink pineapple!!!!!! This is such a fun take on the Muse challenge....LOVE it Shona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Shona! Absolutely love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet cute creative and I vote for u my dear friend...Love your clever idea...see you soon on my blog ok sweety..hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile! I love the classic feel of it, with the modern, edgy gold triangles! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card...as an artist you can interpret things in a unique way...I love your pink pineapple and all the gold that surrounds it!! Thank you for sharing it at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card, Shona! We used to have a local scrapbook store here called The Pink Pineapple, so your card definitely made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this card. period!! thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty pineapple and I love your embossed background! Beautiful take on the Muse card, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cool! Love the crisp design and gold accents. The vellum in behind is cool. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is absoluetly gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is fabulous, love the pink pinapple.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant and innovative, Shona! A pink pineapple...how cool...and classy, too!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, Shona ... what a fabulous pineapple ... love that gorgeous gold background vellum! Congratulations on your top spot at Muse! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete