Sunday 28 June 2015

Reverse Confetti Sketch Challenge # 25

I feel so sick........Dave came home tonight from his three days in Auckland with LOTS of donuts (like I ordered) but it would seem my eyes were bigger than my stomach (or they used to be....). The kids and I scoffed them as soon as we got home and then we lay around holding our tummies.....and there are so many left over.....Phoebe said 'thank goodness we aren't diabetics but maybe we will be tomorrow'!! They really need to be eaten fresh but I think there will be a few in the lunchboxes tomorrow to share with their friends.....Don't get me wrong, they were absolutely delicious but in the battle of 'Man V Food, Food won!'

The funny thing is that by this time next week, I will be dreaming of them again. Thank goodness I probably won't get near a Dunkin Donuts again for another two years......


I decided to have another go at the Reverse Confetti Sketch Challenge and quite liked the look of this one. As I've mentioned before, I'm not so good with lots of layers but worked out pretty quickly what I wanted to do and of course, some of it had to be fiddly:



I cut a piece of white CS slightly smaller than the card front and adhered to the card. I then cut another piece into a square shape and spent some time die-cutting the chevron pieces in grey, pink and gold CS. After working out the pattern, I glued the chevron bits on to the square, cutting off any overhanging pieces. The square was then popped up on foam tape. I stamped then heat embossed the pineapple in gold, fussy cut and glued to the square. The pineapple spines were stamped in pink, fussy cut and glued on as well.

I stamped the 'hello' in grey ink, fussy cut and popped it up on lots of tiny pieces of foam tape. I also covered it in lashing of Wink of Stella for lots of shine. A few pink and grey enamel dots and the sketch card was finished.

The chevron die is from Reverse Confetti. The 'hello' stamp is also from Reverse Confetti 'Color Me Happy' as well as the pineapple stamp from 'Pineapples a Plenty'. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

My stomach tells me its time for bed. Maybe lying down will make it feel better. Although I'm sure that come tomorrow, I will be able to fit in a few more......Its the last week of the school term before the kids are on holiday for two weeks. I also have Dave home tomorrow as he is buggered from his weekend away. Must be tiring going out for dinner and shopping, the poor thing.......Or maybe he's tired from lugging home all those donuts!!

Take care
Shona

 

8 comments:

  1. Hope you were able to get a good nights rest. Love all the fabulous gold detail on your card Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope those doughnuts aren't keeping you awake, Shona!! Pretty card ... pink and grey are gorgeous together ... and with the touch of gold, it's fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny and I know just what you mean about special treats and who could pass up fabulous doughnuts! Feel better Shona. Your card is fabulous, love how you pulled all those incredible ingredients together to create this wonderful card. Take care.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh now how fun is this?! LOVE the colors.
    Donuts...YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute that Pineaple and love the gold and pink together
    fab Die cut and fab Color combo
    how are you Shona
    wish you have time to visit me again
    miss you

    hugs,Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve this!!! WHEN you come to visit, I must introduce you to Krispy Kremes! Feel better!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Shona! I love the colours you've used and the design is wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's try this again...my comment was eaten!
    I shouldn't be giggling at your donut distress but...just a little tee hee at your description! I'm sure by now you feel much better and I so relate: when the marvelous treats come along, to heck with exercising restraint! You're working magic with the RC goodies here...the chevrons, the hello, the colours, the pineapple...a work of art combination! So fabulous! I'm curious as to the kind of cardstock you use, as I'm in desperate need (especially grey...can you believe I don't have any that I would consider 'use-able'?) of some multi-colour packages. Sometimes, it's frustrating that the nearest 'real' craft store is 400km away...*grin*
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete