Thursday 11 June 2015

Time Out Challenge # 33

Another fortnight has flown by, which means its time for another challenge at TIME OUT. Our challenge theme is to be inspired by the words:

                            Happy is the bride that the sun shines on 

Its totally up to you how you are inspired by this sentence. Maybe you just pick out one word or maybe go with a wedding theme. Surprise us with your creativity!!

The Guest Designer for this challenge is the amazing Sue from Sue's Card Craft. Her cards are so pretty and delicate. And she is a CAS girl after my own heart. I really encourage you to pop over to her blog to take a look, you will not be disappointed.

I knew this challenge would be fun because I don't make wedding related cards very often (in fact I think I've only ever made two....) so was nice to add a few more to my repertoire:


For the life of me I just couldn't come up with a wedding card that incorporated the sun, so decided to go with the shape of the sun instead.

I used a floral stamp from Altenew 'Hennah Elements' and heat embossed it on white CS in gold and on vellum in white. I used scissors to fussy cut them both out. After I worked out the placement, I heat embossed the flower in silver on the card front. I used double-sided tape to adhere the vellum flower and then foam tape to pop up the gold flower. A sentiment (from the same Altenew stamp set) was stamped in black and I decided to add no embellies. I love this stamp set, the images are all gorgeous!!

I'm also going to link this card to the CASology Challenge Week # 150 where their theme is 'Graduation'. When I was thinking about the cue word, I wanted to use another form of 'graduating' and I kept thinking about graduating to adulthood. Getting married has always been seen as a 'grown-up' thing to do and that you finally becoming an adult. Hopefully this makes sense!


You have two weeks to link your cards to the TIME OUT challenge and I can't wait to see where your imagination takes you. And of course the rest of the Design Team have created some incredible cards to give you some inspiring ideas. Hope to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

 

 

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Shona ... elegant, stylish and deliciously CAS ... sigh! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! This is so, so elegant!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this CAS card, Shona. Perfection! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very elegant Shona. Love the soft layering and combo of gold and silver. Fab take on the CASology cue word x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona I love how you've used those Henna Elements and it's such a classy and elegant card.
    Inspired to go and ink my set up too! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love how elegant this is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderfully inspired card, Shona, that has me marveling at how your creativity works! Your trio of flowers are gorgeous and elegant; perfect as a wedding or graduation card! WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another CAS beauty! Love the elegant flower - perfect for a wedding or graduation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh....... I'm out of adjectives for your creations today ... too, too...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant! Great how that beautiful looks in all three ways! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Shona! I love how you used 3 different embossing powders,,,such an elegant design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! I don't know whether a wedding is like graduating or more like entering kindergarten - man, if we really knew then what we know now! ;-) Love the simplicity of this, and yet the details are so pretty - the different colours are just gorgeous! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of y favorite floral stamps and I love the elegant way you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Shona!! As usual you never cease to amaze me. Your card is totally beautiful.Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shona, this is fabulous and so elegant, and a great take on the cue! I love your combination of gold, silver and white, and your arrangement is stunning. CAS gorgeousness through and through!! WOW!! I hope you have had fun crafting and feasting on horror movies with your Mum! So awesome that you spend that special time together, although, the horror movies would freak me out. I am such a ninnie!! Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour this weekend, and a big thank you for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Shona. So elegant and I love the vellum flower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so pretty and elegant. I love the trio of florals embossed in the different colours. Beautifully done :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete