Wednesday 17 June 2015

Little Tangles Challenge # 57

On the Little Tangles blog, they have a sketch for this challenge. They are using a sketch by Leslie Hanna for The Crooked Stamper Sketch Challenge.


Unfortunately I don't own many Neat and Tangled stamps (and you don't actually need to use them for this challenge) but want to show them what I can do with the ones in my stash. Its not very often I use one stamp set for a whole card design but decided to try it out for this card and it worked:



 All of these stamps are from the Neat and Tangled set 'Kindness Matters'. I stamped the hearts in a row down the left-hand side of the card front. I then used a small circle die (from Couture Creations) to cut three circles. I adhered some white CS behind the circles and stamped the sentiment in navy ink. After stamping the 'Be Kind' stamp on white CS, I fussy cut them out and popped up on foam tape in the middle of each die-cut circle. It gave them a slight frame instead of just sitting over flat card. I added blue sequins (from Avery Elle) and a pink one (from Pretty Pink Posh) and my very simple card was done.

My bed is calling my name!! Max came in crying at 4am this morning after having an awful nightmare. Hopefully he will have a happier sleep tonight. I don't have any gardening jobs tomorrow, so a chance to grab some groceries, do some housework and take Bella for a big walk. Fingers crossed the weather man was wrong about it pouring with rain!!!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. I definitely need to use my Neat and Tangled stamps more often! As for your cards, I know the N&T gals will be enthralled by your creativity! Again, clever, pretty and powerful! Fabulous! Hope that Max had a better sleep and you had a chance to tackle some chores (or better yet, enjoy some crafting time *grin*)
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and I love your trio of stamped circles, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink and navy ... what a gorgeous colour combo, Shona ... and such a sweet card! Hope that rain stayed away! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, Shona. Love the stamped heard line on the left. Thanks for playing along at Little Tangles and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete