Monday 15 June 2015

House of Cards - End of Term Blog hop and Challenge Photo

I had a wonderful weekend with my Mum, making cards, watching horror movies and introduced my Mum to my favourite tv programme 'The Big C'. She was a little shocked by the language but absolutely loved it. 


Over at House of Cards, they have come to the end of their Design Team term and are celebrating with a huge blog hop and challenge. My friend Monika told me all about it and when I saw the fantastic inspiration photo, I just had to play along!!

Two things that caught my eye in this photo were the black frame and the white vases with pink flowers. It took me a while to work out how to put these two together, hopefully you like what I came up with:


The shape of the white vases looked incredible to me and I knew I didn't have anything that would cut that shape. So, I cut them out myself with some scissors (so don't look too closely....). After working out where they would sit, I stamped the flowers and then glued the vases over top. I die-cut the frame twice from black CS, glued together and popped up with lots of foam tape. The sentiment was stamped in black and added a few enamel dots for interest. Its simple, with lots of white and pops of pink, just like I wanted.

The flower stamps are from Waffle Flower 'Loved' and the frame die is from Paper Smooches 'Frame 2'. The sentiment is from Neat and Tangled 'Kindness Matters' and the enamel dots from Papervine.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge, where their theme is 'Friends or Superhero'.

It has been freezing cold here today. Was supposed to go gardening but it kept raining and was way to cold for my sore body. Fingers crossed its a bit more above freezing tomorrow as I need to get it done. The joys of gardening in Winter.......

Take care
Shona
 
 


 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Shona. This is amazing! Love your interpretation of the inspiration photo. Your vases that you cut out are spot on! Love the tiny little flowers in them, and the black frame really shows them off so well. Good luck with the hop, and thanks for joining us at HOC. Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so stunning, great take on the inspiration Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my friend... YOU are wonderful, amazing, and fantastic.
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Shona, what a gorgeous CAS card! The vases that you cut out, look really well in this big black frame, and the enamel dots are the perfect finish!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Hous of Cards Blog Hop.
    Good luck...
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, I LOVE seeing your gorgeous work! This card is just brilliant--those flower vases are amazing! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Good luck on the hop! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love it!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms. Shona Chambers, a name I have become well acquainted with here in blogland! ANOTHER stunning card! I love seeing it, and all your great projects! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful take on the challenge! Gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, your framed vases of flowers is simply divine! Crisp, clean and incredibly pretty! WOW! Love this!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love it! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty, Shona ... those sweet flower vases inside the bold black frame are just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete