Monday 15 June 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge June 8th - 21st

A very quick post before I jump into my nice warm bed (my electric blanket is waiting for me!!!). Its very cold here today and have been trying to get warm all day.


I just love the inspiration photos for the Waffle Flower Challenges and now I finally have more of their stamps and dies, I can get a bit more creative with my entries.

Like everyone else at the moment, I love the ombre look. I'm not always the best with my blending but I'm gradually getting better (thank goodness for Distress Inks!). I had a bit of a crazy idea on how to use ombre with my new Waffle Flower die:


As you can imagine, I spent quite a while die-cutting white CS with my Doily Square Die. I blended Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry to create the ombre look on my card front and then adhered the circle frames, cutting off any overhanging edges. I then stamped and heat embossed in gold the 'yippee' from Waffle Flower 'Congrats', fussy cut them out and popped them up on foam tape. I absolutely love how it turned out and I'm always happy to find new ways to use a die.

I'm also going to link this to the Virginia's View Challenge # 15 where their theme is:


I actually enjoyed making this card so much, I made another one which I will post tomorrow. Its kind of the opposite of this one, if that makes sense. All will be revealed...... Right, I'm off to enjoy my electric blanket.

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. I LOve what you've done with this, Shona... such a cool design!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun Shona...just love your fabulous style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome... I love the pink shading and the bold circles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink, polka-dots, the gold...yep, another winner, winner! So pretty!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is awesome, Shona! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Shona ... the embossed gold is gorgeous with that delicate pink ombré! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete