Sunday 7 June 2015

Muse Challenge # 120

One of my favourite designers is hosting her last challenge at Muse this week, Vicki Dutcher. Its sad to see her go but she is such a busy lady with all her Design Team work, I don't know how she fits it all in! She is such an incredible designer and lovely woman, I can't wait to see what she is up to next!!


This is the card Vicki gave us for inspiration this week. Its so simple and yet beautiful with those pastel colours. I really like the slimline size of the card too. I hope she likes what I came up with:



I started by trimming down my usual card size to make it a little slimmer (if only it was that easy to do the same to my body.......). I then cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. For once I actually had similar ink colours, so stamped my butterfly across the panel. I glued three co-ordinating sequins and one gold one for good luck. After stamping the sentiment in black I popped the panel up on foam tape.

The butterfly stamp is from Couture Creations and the sentiment is from Lil' Inker 'Rainbow and Clouds Sentiments'. The gold, peach and pink sequins are from Neat and Tangled and the blue from Avery Elle.

I have two other challenges I would like to enter:

Inkspirational Challenge # 84


Addicted to CAS Challenge # 65


One more card to post and then I'm going to work on another while I watch a horror movie. The only problem with doing that is that my hands are busy stamping etc and I'm not fast enough to cover my eyes when something scary happens. Maybe I should watch a comedy instead........

Have a wonderful week and take care

Shona
 

15 comments:

  1. Love! The pop of sequins are perfect Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love your inspired card - Thanks for joining in at Muse and ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Shona! I never watch horror movies - you must be very brave! lol! Enjoy! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes my day a little brighter, Shona! Love these butterflies! So glad you shared them with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Shona. Love the sweet butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute for a truly lovely lady! You've made a stunningly beautiful butterfly card, Shona! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this beautiful card, Shona. Horror movies? No way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so beautiful Shona...I love your take on Vickie's card. You are so funny...I would never in a million years guess that you watch horror movies! Good luck crafting while watching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. REally beautiful, Shona... you nailed it - perfect colors and just the right sentiment for the occasion!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty Shona - Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun interpretation of the musecard! Those butterflies are beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty, Shona ... your fluttery butterflies are just a delight! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous butterflies, Shona! In fact, so gorgeous that you've induced a case of 'severe' swooning! Thank you so much for sharing this gem in the Ink gallery! Watching horror movies while crafting....how brave you are! I'd likely have ink all over my face because I'd be covering my eyes! You're so delightfully funny!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple yet stunning :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete