Friday 26 June 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge # 268

How did Friday come around again so fast??? Must be those cold breezes coming straight off the Antarctic at the moment that wooshed the days by. Its the end of another week but the beginning of a new challenge at Just Add Ink.

We have a sketch for your inspiration this week:

I have to admit, I was a little scared of all those layers but after playing around a bit with some die-cuts, I worked out what to do:



I started by cutting a piece of grey polka dot paper and adhering to the card front. After die-cutting the aqua paper into a chain, I glued this over-top of the grey. I die-cut the cupcake and then stamped the sentiment on to a small white CS banner. The banner was glued on first with the cupcake over top. I then heat embossed the 'Congrats' in gold and fussy cut before popping it up on some foam tape. A few gold and pink sequins finished it off.

The polka dot papers are from Lawn Fawn 'Let's Polka' and the cupcake CS from DCWV 'Brights and Pastels'. The cupcake die is from Paper Smooches and the chain die from MFT Die-namics. The 'Congrats' and stamped sentiment are from Waffle Flower 'Congrats' and the sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

And will also link to the Seize the Birthday Challenge where I'm not using the 'Toppings' option.


You have until next Wednesday to link your entries for the Just Add Ink challenge. The rest of the Design Team have some fantastic projects on the blog to help you with ideas. I can't wait to see what you do with this sketch and hope to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

17 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch Shona. I love the way the chain link element lightens up the whole design. It's a lovely die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really fun take on the sketch, Shona, and I love your pink, aqua, and grey colors together, too! Thanks for playing along with us again at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcake and pastel colours are pretty dreamy! Love your take on the sketch, Shona; such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! a polka dot delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous....love your fun design and your yummy cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I'm not the only one to get nervous over layers...I'm such a CAS gal. Love the way you used the sketch, and that cupcake looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch and combination of elements. Not sure where I would go with the sketch but your design is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you showed that sketch who was 'boss' because you've created an absolute delight with the layers! Colours, the big yummy cupcake, the gold congrats, the big yummy cupcake, the chain..the big yummy cupcake *grin* are a marvelous cupcake! Guess you can figure out my favourite element! Most awesome...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Shona! Such pretty colours and I love how you've used the chain link panel! So gorgeous and yummy all in one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on this challenge and think your layering is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet and so fun, Shona ... wonderful polka dots and such yummy sorbet (and cupcake!) colours! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've aced this challenge Shona, l love your simple layers and soft colours. I'm always in awe of your clean and stylish designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've aced this challenge Shona, l love your simple layers and soft colours. I'm always in awe of your clean and stylish designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your idea of using a cupcake as the round panel element Shona. It works perfectly and the scattering of sequins add the birthday sparkle! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your take on this sketch Shona! And all of those different elements go so beautifully together :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely use the sketch Shona and agree with Jodene lovely different element on your card
    it is not cas not your style but it is beautifully made
    love this Shona
    I try to catch up but my head so pain full
    better now go to bed hehe
    see you maybe you can catch up a bit Shona
    hugs, Monika (miss you again hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you took the sketch & turned it into a look that's more your style, Shona. Still so clean & simple. So sweet too.
    Di :-)

    ReplyDelete