Thursday 25 June 2015

Time Out Challenge # 34

Another fortnight has flown by and its time for a new challenge at TIME OUT.  
For this challenge we have the theme of:

                                                    HOME SWEET HOME

And we have the most amazing photo for you to be inspired by:
 


Aren't those colours and patterns just incredible!! I couldn't wait to get started on this one and really look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is the fabulous Sue of Foleys Friend. Her designs are so sweet and she seems to be able to design for any type of challenge. I hope you have a chance to pop over to her blog!

I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw this photo. The colours grabbed me straight away and I loved the angular patterns:


I gathered up all the different coloured CS I needed and my Reverse Confetti 'Chevron' die (which cuts out three different sizes) and then went to town, cutting out lots of each colour. After working out my pattern, I adhered them all to the card front. I die cut the 'love' (from Paper Smooches) once from gold CS and twice from white CS and glued all together. I then stuck it to the card front, along with heat embossing the 'everything' (from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and You') in gold. I also added a few gold heart sequins for a bit of extra love.

I will link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is the ever popular 'Anything Goes'.

I'm going to also link this to the Colour Me...! challenge where their colours are very similar to mine:


You have a whole two weeks to link your entry to the TIME OUT challenge. And the rest of the fabulous Design Team have some creations on the blog to help you with ideas. I so can't wait to see what your imagination came up with!!

Take care
Shona

 



 

16 comments:

  1. Stunning Shona, a die cut beauty! the gold is the perfect colour for this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks like a lot of die cutting and gluing... Well done! I don't know if I'd have had the patience! :) The end result is stunning and very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything all right..Wow! this background with the gold is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! I love your interpretation of the inspiration photo - beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Shonna! This is SO cool! These challenge fit wonderfully together!!!! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, Shona ... those vibrant colours are fantastic with the gold sentiment and wee sweet hearts! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just FABulous! Loving the bold chevron die cuts and wonderful use of the colours too. The sentiment is lovely and the accent hearts add the perfect touch. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold looks good on that great background! What a great take of the inspirationphoto! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you tackled this insteresting inspiration, Shona! Beautiful with the gold sentiment! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so clever, Shona - love all of the die cutting and now want the die too! Gorgeous colours with the perfect touch of gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bold and vibrant, Shona...so remarkably fresh and fabulous! I have the RC chevron die and...it's still in the package, not yet used! Gahhh! Your card, again, is a source of amazing inspiration; awesome translation of that colourful photo!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cool card! I loved it from the minute I saw it on the DT blog! Love the touch of gold too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome!! I LOVE the whole design. I think I "need" that die now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this graphic card and how all the colours pop. Also, that is such a cool inspiration photo! Thanks so much for sharing at the Colour Me challenge last week :)

    ReplyDelete