Wednesday 24 June 2015

Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 150

I can't believe how quickly these weeks are passing me by. Will have to start thinking about Christmas soon....eeekkk!! Its Wednesday so its time for another challenge at Addicted to Stamps.  We have a photo to inspire you this week:
Isn't all that green just dreamy?? So many elements in this photo to inspire you, can't wait to see what you come up with!

The sponsor for this challenge is Sweet Pea Stamps. They are giving a prize of 4 digi images to the winner of this challenge. How wonderful is that!



I just couldn't take my eyes off the green in this photo and immediately thought about water colouring. I also wanted to put in some flowers (they are all over the table) and some wood for the table itself:


I stamped and heat embossed in white some flowers and leaves from Deepti's 'Blooming Buds' stamp set from Stamplorations. I then water coloured with Distress Ink 'Evergreen Bough', just with my brush. After drying it with my heat gun, I adhered the wood veneer piece from Freckled Fawn.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Use your favourite technique and/or product'. I can't get enough of heat embossing at the moment. Maybe its because its so cold here, I enjoy the use of the heat gun.....

You have one week to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps challenge. The rest of the Design Team have some gorgeous designs on the blog to give you some ideas. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 


 

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty Shona. Love the heat embossed image with the water colored background. I just got that set myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty Shona!! Love the wood veneer sentiment over it too!! Brilliant take on the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous soft and subtle card, lovely take on the image x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...so soft and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hoe the word stands out on that delicate background! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply beautiful
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that you added the wood veneer sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty Shona and I love the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply dreamy and divine Shona.
    Superb take on the photo and love your wood veneer element.
    So classy. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Shona ... delicate, dreamy and yes, lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful carad! Love your soft color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are so soft and beautiful with your water colored background, and I love the wood veneer sentiment! Such a gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, Shona! Deepti is going to love it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Shona! You are so amazing :) I so love seeing ur creations and when u make card with my stamp set... it becomes even more exciting :) thank you for making this beauty, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these stamps of Dee's and you did a fantastic job with them here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! You've showcased Dee's flowers beautifully! A soft, delicate, ever-so-pretty card! Those very stamps arrived in my mailbox yesterday....can't wait to give them a play!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh love the soft color!! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the soft green surrounding the beautiful flowers, such a pretty card. Although our summer is nowhere near as hot as you get, I'll send you some rays to keep you warm >>>>> x

    ReplyDelete