Tuesday 9 June 2015

Showcase your Style Challenge # 16

I love movies, especially horror movies. My Mum has always watched them so I grew to love them too. Whenever I go and stay with her for the weekend, I usually rent some dvd's of the latest horror releases so we can sit and be scared together!!

This inspiration photo for the Showcase your Style challenge certainly gives you many ideas on what to create for a card (don't worry, it doesn't have monsters on it.....) but I decided to go with film itself as I love the black/white colour combo:


I don't have any 'film' related stamps or dies but I thought this die from Pretty Pink Posh kind of looked like a film strip, so tried it out. I die-cut it six times from black CS and arranged it on the card front. I added double-sided tape to the back of each one and adhered to the card, cutting off any over-hanging bits. I die-cut a circle from white CS and heat embossed the sentiment in gold. The circle was then popped up on foam tape. I also die-cut a few tiny hearts from gold CS.

The sentiment stamp is from This and That by Grace Taylor. The tiny heart dies are from Paper Smooches and the circle die from Couture Creations.

Its 1am Tuesday morning and time for bed. Usually takes me a while to go to sleep that by the time I close my eyes, its suddenly time to get up again. Wish I could add the odd hour to my sleep every now and again to catch up!!

Take care
Shona
 

11 comments:

  1. AAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK! This is SOOOOO gorgeous!!! Shona, Shona, Shona!!! You knocked this one right out of the park!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. So dramatic, just like the movies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow Shona ...gold white n black agree with Sandie Dramatic...luv this...

    Shona I join the pretty pink posh water coloring bloghop but no one hop to me haaha..but from coffee lovets they are more doing hoping me to...I hop much on there hehehe..happy Tuesday my friend..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are quite the clever crafter!! I love how you've used the squares to make film strips!! Never thought to this!! Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. Super creative. But I could never watch movies with you. The music just before the bad stuff happens is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use just the lines! Could be an invite to a movie! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb take on the inspiration image :) so fun and trendy !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thud! That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor, Shona ... brilliant ... clever ... sooo cool ... stunning! Love movies too ... but I'd be so behind the sofa if a horror movie was on! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, this is knock-it-out-of-the-park BRILLIANT! What an innovative take on the inspiration photo and especially, a clever way to use one of your PPP dies! Stunning! Winner, winner in every way! How fun that you and your mom share watching horror movies together...I can just picture the two of you, huddled together, hands - or pillows - over your eyes, peeking out to see what's going on!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok...since I am late to the party I have to agree with the rest of the crowd...you totally hit this out of the park! It is so amazing, just love your fabulous style!

    ReplyDelete