Saturday 20 June 2015

Paper Smooches - Sparks June 14-20 Picture Perfect Challenge

It was an incredible cold and dreary day today. I stayed inside with the kids by the fire for most of the day. The kids were tired from a busy week and I was feeling that way myself. I even managed to sneak in a bit of card making while watching The Simpson's with Phoebe.


This is the inspiration photo for this weeks Paper Smooches - Sparks June Picture Perfect Challenge. I've actually seen this photo before. I introduced Phoebe to Pinterest a few months ago and she has a board filled with ideas for a dream bedroom, this being one of them. Even I would have loved this when I was younger. Actually, come to think of it, I would love it now!!!

I was instantly drawn to the white-on-white with the playhouse and that gorgeous turquoise chevron patterned ottoman between the chairs. And I knew I had the perfect paper somewhere.....:



I die-cut the 'Frame 2' (from Paper Smooches) three times from white CS and glued them together. After cutting the blue patterned paper to fit, I adhered it to the back of the frames and stamped the sentiment (Paper Smooches 'Uplifters') in black. After adhering the frames to the card front, I die-cut the flowers (also Paper Smooches) from different tones of turquoise paint chips. I glued these to the frames and used foam tape to pop up the larger 'three-toned' flower. Three sequins were added (from Avery Elle) and it was finished.

I'm going to also link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Use your favourite technique and/or product'. I LOVE die-cutting and using paint chips, so many colours to choose from!!!

Will go and watch a little more Modern Family with Phoebe and then off to bed. I'm taking Phoebe to her gym competition in the afternoon. She is so excited because she has finally mastered her bar routine. She tries so hard and practises all the time. She isn't a natural athlete but she so deserves a medal for trying the hardest!! So proud of her and looking forward to cheering her on from the stands.

Take care
Shona
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Love, love, love seeing you at PaperSmooches Sparks...fabulous take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely clean and simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for playing with us at SPARKS! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shona just popped by to see what you have been up to. Love this what a great interpretation. Totally agree I would love this now. Be great to just pull the ladder up and hide out from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would make something fabulous from that inspiration photo and you have! Love the framed paper - the colours and patterns are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the PS Sparks challenge!!! Cute frame, cute flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those gorgeous colours, Shona ... completely yummy ... and a fabulous take on that gorgeous inspiration! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card - love the way you interpreted the photo.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up on your gallery of gorgeous cards, Shona...can't believe how a week goes by in the blink of an eye! You create magic with your PS goodies (well...and everything else you have, too!), and this card is yet more evidence! The frame is darling, the chevron inset, eye-catching and your flowers...oh my! Not only are they ever so sweet, but your placement is absolutely perfect! I have soooooo many PS products, but they're sitting all by themselves, not receiving any attention at all. Given your showcase time to schedule a play date with them. Actually, maybe I'll feature a "PS cards by Shona that I love" copy-cat post *grin* That would be fun AND I'd have cards I actually like! See...you're such an inspiration... Hope Phoebe's competition went well!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the Picture Perfect challenge--- congrats! 

    What a fabulous card--- love the use of the chevron and your take on this photo! LOVE the monochromatic color with the white space;)

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete