Monday 15 June 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch # 127

I'm trying to type quickly tonight, doing my blog posts and catching up on comments and emails. I really want to jump in bed with my electric blanket as its so very cold tonight. I have the fire on and my onesie but nothing beats winter sheets, heavy blankets and a hot electric blanket feeling underneath. That is until I fall asleep and forget its on full and wake up in a puddle of sweat...(sorry, not the nicest mental picture for you....).


I was really excited when I saw this sketch for the CAS(E) this Sketch  challenge this week. So many ways of doing those four squares were floating thru my mind. That was until my mind moved away from squares completely:

 
Clouds instead of squares....do you think it will be aloud??

I die-cut clouds in light and dark grey from paint chips and adhered them to the card front. I then die-cut the umbrella and its handle from more paint chips. The handle was glued to the cloud and I popped the umbrella up on foam tape. A sentiment in black to go with the sadness of the grey clouds and a few pale blue enamel dots for raindrops. 

The cloud dies are from Couture Creations and the umbrella die is from Paper Smooches. The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti 'Fancy Word Coordinates' and the enamel dots from Papervine.

I'm also going to link this to the CAS on Sunday Challenge # 60 where their colour scheme is:


I now have the horrible job of going to the toilet. Now, it may not seem like a horrendous thing to do, but when your toilet is around 3 degree's (celcius) and I have to remove my onesie to go (don't worry, I do have my pj's on), I have the choice of do I go now quickly or answer some more emails, go quickly and jump straight in bed?? Thank goodness we don't have an outside toilet, I think I would be investing in a catheter!!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

12 comments:

  1. It's hot here...but I'm right there with you on the electric blanket! Love how you interpreted the sketch. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is such a clever interpretation of the sketch! Thank u for sharing!
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to use those colors for the rainy-day scene! A crisp and beautiful CAS-card again! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant beauty! Lovely! I hate winter too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, soft colors and a fabulous interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely allowed!! and gorgeous, to boot! Shona! LOve it... thanks for playing at CTS!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Shona this is so beautiful CAS. Fantastic take on the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm empathizing with you with the freezing weather and the 'oh no, need to go' situation, which becomes a dilemma when you're all toasty warm in multiple layers! I know of many winter days like that...and summer ones, too! I'll be bundled up in an assortment of clothes over the weekend, as we're officiating at a bike race for two days. Forecast is for rain, which I hope will change to sunny and warm. Fingers crossed. Your card is a most innovative (you must be tired of my repetition, but you ARE innovative!) take on the sketch! Colours, the umbrella, the clouds: in my books, perfect!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Shona! Excellent colour combo and layout, brings so rainy feeling. My congrats on being voted CTS HM ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, lovely clouds and brolly, Shona ... what a brilliant take on the sketch! I see the DT at CTS thought so too ... and congratulations on your shout out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete