Thursday 4 June 2015

Time Out Challenge # 32 - Reminder

Just popping in to remind you all about our current challenge at TIME OUT. The theme for this challenge is to:

                                         CASE - with your own twist


We have this amazing card from the very talented Deepti of Dees Art Utopia to CASE while putting your own spin on the design. There are some incredible entries already! And Deepti is going to give a set of her brand new stamps 'Blooming Buds' (designed by herself with Stamplorations) to the winner. How cool is that!!

I still couldn't bring myself to rip the paper but decided this time to concentrate on more of the red and yellow elements in the card:


I cut a panel of black CS and adhered some red/white patterned paper to the card front. Instead of ripping, I used a stitched-waffle edged die to shape the top of the black panel and after heat embossing the sentiment in white, I popped it up on some foam tape. Once again I used my favourite flower dies and paint chips to re-create the flowers on Deepti's card and even used a few enamel dots as the centre's.

The red patterned paper is from Chickaniddy Crafts 'Jolly Good'. The sentiment stamp is from Paper Smooches 'Bold Buzzwords'. The stitched-waffle die is from Pretty Pink Posh and the flower dies from Paper Smooches. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

I'm going to link this to the Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge - May Wk5 where their theme is:




You have one week left to get your entries into the TIME OUT challenge. The rest of the Design Team and Maura (our Guest Designer) have some wonderful inspiration projects on the blog if you need any help. Really hope you get the time to join in!!!

Take care
Shona
 

13 comments:

  1. love the polka dot paper and the yellow flowers really pop. We will get you ripping paper soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clear and so cheerfull! Another great take of the card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....this is just too darn cute! I love that black and red, such a sweet look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love how you have interpreted this! That scalloped edge is so sweet and 'cottagey' and the choice and placement of yellow flowers looks absolutely amazing!! I love that colour combo. Really do!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that polka dot paper against the black, Shona! A really cool design :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantastic! I love the red and white with the touch of yellow. Awesome color design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally looks like Minnie Mouse = darling!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. The polka dot paper is fantastic and really makes your card! I LOVE the white sentiment on black cardstock, too!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspired, eye-catching, so fun take on the Deepti's cards! LOVE this, Shona!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, cheery design! Love the pops of yellow from the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Striking!! I LOVE the BOLD Colors and Design!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)THANKS for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bold and so very pretty, Shona ... what a great take on Deepti's inspiration! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Polka Dots = YUM! Love your CASE, wonderfully done. My apologies in my lateness in popping by to comment. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete