Friday 12 June 2015

Paper Smooches - Sparks June Challenge - Week 1

Have been gardening all morning and have come home and packed up my car with all my craft stuff to take to my Mum's house for the weekend. I just pull out all my drawers and take them with me, very heavy but much easier. Would hate to think what I would do if I had to go to a craft retreat or something??? Rent a U-Haul I suspect! My husband says its because I have too much but I say you can never have enough craft goodies....don't you agree??



It's 'Anything Goes' for the Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge this week. I've already entered my coffee bean card but came up with this card idea while I was washing the dishes last night. It was a little fiddly (as usual) but worth it:
 

I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front and heat embossed the house stamps randomly in white. I then used Distress Inks - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry to create an ombre look. I die-cut the circle from the panel and then adhered it to the card. I wanted the word die to have some height, so die-cut it three times from white CS and glued them all together. I stuck it to the card and then covered it in Glossy Accents for a bit of shine. I stamped the sentiment in pink and put on a few sequins for bling.

The house and sentiment stamps are from Paper Smooches 'Bitty Bungalows'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the 'friend' word die is also from Paper Smooches. The circle die is from Couture Creations.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Friends or Superhero's'.

And will also link to the Virginia's View Challenge # 15 where their theme is:


I'm off to walk Bella and pick up the kids from school. I have to take Max's latest paper plane to school to show his friends. He and about 7 other boys are heavily into making the planes at the moment but the school decided to ban them from doing them at school. I was so shocked!! 

Supposedly too many were being left on the playground, which I understand. Seems it was other kids, not Max's group doing this which is such a shame. It was so fun watching them each morning comparing planes, fixing each others, learning about aerodynamics etc. The school is afraid it will lose its 'enviromental friendly' look but wouldn't it be better to recycle the planes and encourage such team work and comradery?

Will be interesting to see what they say when they see me turning up with this one today. Do you think they will tell me off?? Probably!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Shona :-) I love the background, absolutely gorgeous and the sentiment is perfect! LOVE it :-) Maybe I should do the washing up more often if it leads to 'lightbulb' moments like this! ;-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'd love to live in one of these little bungalows! So pretty, Shona. I love that Max and his friends are into paper airplanes... and agree whole-heartedly with your opinion, as long as the kids to the recycling - go tell them, Shona!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and so pretty, Shona ... always love white embossing with pink! Have a great weekend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the ombre background ... emboss resist is such a great technique :) Fantastic card.
    Thanks for playing along at PS Sparks this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness....this is now my new favorite of all your cards. I love your beautiful pink ombre background and all those sweet little houses are so fun. The perfect card for a dear friend. Enjoy your weekend of crafting with your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ombre gorgeousness of this card. Absolutely fabulous Shona! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, lovely trendy ombre look <3 I love your white embossed images <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so I have just looked through these stunners and can't pick a favourite, although I am having a bit of a love affair with the colour pink right now, and your little bungalows in that subtle pink saturation is so cute!! Totally blown away by your interpretation of the ric challenge also. That shaped shaker frame and how you used it is really inspired, Sho! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm packing my things and moving to that darling A-framed bungalow, that I know for a certainty has a craft room for my 'always need more' supplies *grin* and a garage for my husband's 'always needs more' bike stable! Your card:pure delight! The ombre pink, the houses, the warm sentiment...I adore this! Hope you enjoyed your time with your mom! As for the ban on paper planes...hmmmm. I can think of more 'significant' things to ban, so I hope your son perseveres with his plane-making. Looks like he's an artist, just like his mom...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete