Wednesday 17 June 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge - June 8-21 (2nd entry)

It's been another chilly but sunny day here today. I had to garden yet again (so please ignore me if I nod off for a while.....). The dirt is so cold I had to go and buy some leather gloves this morning so my hands wouldn't freeze. The garden is looking much better though so all my frostbite is worth it!!


After making my first entry for the Waffle Flower Challenge, I went back to look at the inspiration photo and realised I possibly should have used more of the colours. My table was covered with all the circles left over from using the Waffle Flower 'Doily Square Die' repeatedly and I thought I could use some of them for a second card:


I used washi tape on the back of four circles and pressed them on to a piece of scrap paper (to hold them in place). I used my mini blending tool to colour each one using Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. I don't have any blue Distress Ink so blended my Hero Arts Shadow Ink 'Pool' and it worked perfectly.

I used the square die from the Doily Square Die set to cut a square from white CS. Foam tape was put under each circle and set on the square. I used some gold CS to die-cut 'Perfect' (also from Waffle Flower), as well as twice from white CS. These were all glued together and then to the circles. The square was adhered to the card front and then the rest of the sentiment (Waffle Flower 'Congrats') was stamped in black ink.

It wasn't until I was about to write this post that I realised this could also be entered in the CAS(E) this Sketch # 127 challenge, so will link there as well.


I also wanted to let you know that I have a winner from my Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop giveaway. I put the names on pieces of paper in a bowl and asked my daughter Phoebe to pick one out. The winner was Deepti!!! Have already contacted her and the Paper Smooches 'Cyber Cafe' stamp set will be on its way to her very soon. Yippee!!!

I have one more card to post and was then going to create a few more but can feel my eyes and body fading already. Tomorrow night we have the school dance performance. Each class has created their own dance routine and been working on them for months. We are looking forward to it and can't wait to see what Max and Phoebe have been practicing and making costumes for. 

On Friday afternoon Phoebe is taking part in the Primary School Gymnastics Competition, so will be spending a few hours watching her compete. She will also be competing at the Blenheim Gymnastics Comp on Sunday afternoon with the 'Silver' grade girls. So a very busy and exciting few days ahead!!!

Take care
Shona
 
 


 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! I love that diecut word in gold! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Perfect indeed!
    Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect take on the two challenges! Love it! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, your sentiment says it all...PERFECT! Cas, pretty, brilliant! Sounds like some fun days ahead..enjoy immensely!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card! Thanks again for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, perfect, Shona ... fab sponged circles, lovely dimension and gorgeously CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete