Wednesday 24 June 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge # 7

Have just been for a big walk with Bella along the river. Very cold but sunny day. The sun makes such a difference to how you feel about the day, I can handle a frosty morning if the sun will shine. The drawback to that lovely walk though is that I can 'smell' that Bella has snuck into the lounge room. She found a big pile of horse poo to roll in which I thought had all come off while she was swimming but some remains......yuck!


This is the sketch for the latest Sparkle and Shine challenge. I loved that it had a circle in it and was going to make a shaker but got off track when finding a replacement for the banner piece:




I didn't want to do a shape exactly like the banner, so the closest I could get to was the pointy pieces on the bottom of this frame. I die-cut it three times from white CS and stuck them all together. I cut a piece of patterned paper so that it would stick out on the left-hand side (like the sketch) and adhered to the card front. The frame was popped up on lots of foam tape.

I heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of black CS and stuck to the frame. Instead of a circle, I water coloured an ombre of pink with some Distress Inks and die-cut the butterfly. I also cut a larger size from vellum and stuck them together on the frame. I loved the butterfly so much, I decided to add another. It was finished off with a sprinkling of clear and pink sequins.

The frame die is from Paper Smooches 'Frames 2'. The patterned paper is from Dear Lizzy 'Serendipity'. The sentiment stamp is from Lil' Inker 'Rainbows and Clouds Sentiments' and the butterfly dies are from Paper Smooches. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Use your favourite technique and/or product'. I love heat embossing and die-cutting. And I can't live without my foam tape!!

And will also link to the Paper Smooches - Sparks June 21-27 Challenge where their theme is:


Better go and give Bella a wash and then pick up the kids from school. Phoebe has gymnastics tonight at 6.30pm which is hard to find the enthusiasm for in Winter. Well, I should say she has the enthusiasm, I just want to put my onesies on but she is obsessed with gym, so my onesies will have to patiently wait.

Take care
Shona

 

12 comments:

  1. Just fabulous , those delicate butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is so beautiful! I LOVE your design! Thanks so much for playing with us at SPARKS! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Shona :-) I love the whole design of this, so pretty!! I have just bought that frame die and haven't used it yet, thanks for the inspiration! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, I love this...the design is spectacular. I love how you've incorporated so much white space with glorious pops of PINK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty - I love your interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Shona. I love those gorgeous butterflies. So glad you have a good supply of foam tape again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing and beautiful card...love your stunning butterflies and what a fabulous design. You are so incredible. How is Phoebe doing? I am hoping much better by now. No fun for her at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona this is another epic version of a sketch from your incredibly creative brain! So lovely - every detail is the perfect touch!
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous! So crisp and clean and perfect! So glad you joined us at Sparkle and Shine!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so pretty, Shona ... those lovely delicate butterflies look as though they've only just alighted on that fab frame! Gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love the butterflies sitting on the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shona, once again, your innovative take on the sketch (which had me heading in a different direction, because I couldn't wrap my head around it) is absolutely amazing! The frames, the paper and, of course, the butterflies are a winning combination in every way! LOVE this!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete