Monday 1 June 2015

CASology Challenge # 148


Everyone knows how much I enjoy the CASology  challenge and I love the inspiration word for this week. Funnily enough, when I thought about the word, the first thing I thought of was being told off when I was younger for 'telling stories' or 'tall tales'. I was a pretty good liar and not caught too often but when I did, boy did I get in trouble!! So this was the theme of my card:


I really like this stamp but feel the lion needed colour. And as I don't have any markers, I decided to go a bit 'free-hand' with my water-colouring which is very strange for me. Have never tried this before and it felt strange not having straight paint edges but I really like how it turned out.

I cut a piece of water-colour paper to fit the front of my card base. After working out where the stamps would go (I put dots with a pencil), I added water to some Distress Ink 'Mustard Seed' and 'Picked Raspberry' and painted in the general area. I dried it with my heat tool and then stamped the images. I also stamped the sentiment and added a few sequins for interest. I don't think it looks like one of my normal cards which is kind of cool!!

The stamps are all from Reverse Confetti 'Leaping Lions' and the sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have four other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  (Anything Goes)

Simply Create Too Challenge # 86 (Keep it Simple)

Less is More Challenge # 226 (2 or 4 legs)

Addicted to CAS Challenge # 64

Today (Monday) has been a holiday for us, so its a four day week. So nice having a long weekend but I have so much to squeeze into four days. I saw something before on Facebook that said 'I need an extra day between Saturday and Sunday'....that's so me!!!!

Take care
Shona

 

18 comments:

  1. awwwwww...this is so sweet shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you colours this Sho! I am keen on trying this technique too, but need to pick my stamp carefully, as you have done. Beautifully CAS! What a fab story too! Can't imagine you telling porky pies!! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the loose watercolouring and clean layout! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Shona! It made me think straight away of Margaret Mahy and her story about the lion in the meadow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the theme, Shona - so fun! Love your watercolouring - it adds to the fresh, quirky design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE a good punny card and yours is fabulous, Shona! That lion is adorable and your free-hand watercolouring is awesome! Thanks for playing along with CASoogy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny....this is just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun inspiration and card! And fun to see how you use watercoloring! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous take on our leggy challenge Shona, superb image and love the water-colour BG
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, Shona, I love you! No wonder we click and you get such a kick out of my, ahem, "stories" on my blog! I'm glad to know you are a kindred liar!! Your lion with its punny sediment and pretty watercoloring is just pure delight! No lie!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this technique of rough watercolouring behind linear images and you've done a great job, I must try it.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGoodness, luv the watercoloring, sooo unique and fun..thanks for the inspiration! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a darling card, Shona...I love it to pieces! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab image and he looks great with the colour behind Shona!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More

    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's a real sweetie Shona!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not *lion* when I say your card is awesome! No tall tale, just a 'true story.' Another card of yours I adore!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fabulous outside the 'lions' colouring, Shona (tee-hee) ... such a sweet little image! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete