Thursday 20 November 2014

TIME OUT Challenge # 19 - Embossing

Here we are again! Another two weeks has flown by and we are ready for another great challenge at TIME OUT. I was so excited when I saw the theme for this one as I do it all the time.  The challenge theme is:

                         Embossing with the optional twist of: Sparkle

This means you can do any sort of embossing you like and if you feel the need, you can go to town with some sparkle!


We also have another Guest Designer joining us for this challenge. Its the amazing Lesley Croghan from Always Playing with Paper. I've been a fan of her's for a while now. She's very well known in 'blogland' and her creations are spectacular. I can't wait to see what she has made to inspire us all for this challenge.

Our sponsor for this week is Avocado Arts, so I can imagine there will be many of you wanting to try and win their gorgeous products!!

My favourite type of embossing is 'heat embossing'. I've only been doing it for a few months now and still have a lot to learn about the technique. I just love the effect it gives, especially with gold and silver. And embossing in white looks so modern and glossy. So I decided to do this for my card:



I started out by die-cutting the circle in the front panel. I measured out a piece of vellum so it could be glued behind the window and also a piece of patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink on the vellum and heat embossed in white. It became a little warped in the corner where I was holding it with my fingers, so I must invest in some tweezers. 

I adhered the vellum behind the circle window and then the pattern paper behind that. A couple of sweet wooden hearts and some sequins (glued with Glossy Accents) and I was done. Soft, feminine goodness!

The circle die is from Couture Creations. The pattern paper is from Dear Lizzy 'Polka Dot Party'. The sentiment stamps are from Winnie and Walter, the 'you' is from 'Big Bold You' and the 'hello' from 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'. The sequins are from Neat and Tangled and wooden hearts from Freckled Fawn.

You have two weeks to enter the TIME OUT Challenge, which gives you plenty of time to get the creative juices flowing. If you do need any help in the 'ideas' department, please head over to the blog to see what the other Design Team members have created for you, the cards are incredible!! Really hope to see you there and can't wait to see what you have made!

Take care
Shona



9 comments:

  1. Super way to use vellum ; it is such a stunning card! Have a fun day, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your cards using the circle die and you are rocking the heat embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Shona. I love the background paper! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty Shona! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous how you embossed on vellum and put a DP behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and pretty, Shona ... the vellum over the DP is just beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this vellum circle with the patterned paper - such an elegant look! Good to see you embracing heat embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this Shona! I do like vellum an awful lot, very classy and elegant! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog today and the invitation to join in this challenge. I have tried to link both cards, but it tells me that the link already exists (they are both on the same post) . . . but one is up there anyway. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Shona. Thank you so much for those lovely words. I am blushing! :) I love how trendy your card is!!! That font is spectacular, embossed on the vellum! Yum!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete