Tuesday 4 November 2014

Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 119

I'm back!!!! After a few wonderful days away with my family, I'm slowly catching up with myself (and the 400 emails I came home too...eeekkk). We went to Hanmer Springs and spent a whole day at the Hot Springs waterpark. Dave spent most of his time lazing in the hot pools, while I went up stairs and down water slides for hours with the kids. We loved every minute of it and went home exhausted and sun burnt (oops). Will see if I can find a photo of us without me in a bathing suit (its past Halloween, so no need to scare you!!).

I found two wonderful stationary stores in Christchurch and managed to buy a few stamps. And when I arrived home, there was a parcel from Simon Says Stamp. I finally used my $25 voucher (thanks so much Darnell!) and they only took a week to arrive. Lots of wonderful goodies which you will be seeing on my cards I'm sure.

So I sat down last night and made some cards. Of course one of them was for the Addicted to Stamps Challenge which I try to join every time. This week their theme is 'Clean and Simple', so you know I had to jump into this one!





In Christchurch I came across a store called Kikki. K (which a lot of Australian's will recognise). Its a stationary store that has everything you could imagine and in every one of my favourite colours. They had a cute set of three block stamps for Xmas. I saw the house and had to have the set!

I stamped the house in red and coloured the roof with Wink of Stella. After stamping the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp 3x4 Christmas 2013), I added clear rhinestones and silver twine along the top. Clean, simple and I love that house so much!!

I'm also going to link this to the CAS on Sunday Challenge # 45 where their theme is 'One layer-wonder'.

Will also link to the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge # 11 where their theme this month is 'Home Sweet Home'.

And of course I will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

I really missed 'blog world' while I was away and its been wonderful to slowly catch up on everyone's creations and adventures. 

This is another busy week. Its Max's 8th birthday on Thursday and still haven't finished shopping for presents. He has friends coming over after school on Friday and one is staying the night. He requested a two-tier birthday cake (which I've never done before) so that will probably take all-day Friday to assemble. My head feels like it's going to explode but its all good things so that can't be too bad...right??!!

Take care
Shona 

14 comments:

  1. Love your use of embellishments on this...the silver cord and bling are perfect!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it. awesome added bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Oh, I would love to come to NZ - I have some friends there I haven't seen in almost 20 years (and you now!). I love the clean simplicity of this! So glad you joined us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! See why you wanted this set; the house is perfect! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. you sound like you had a ball! You are really rocking CAS, this is pure perfection my friend-all this yummy white space and a touch a sparkle to add interest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound as though you had a great time and lucky you stumbling on a craft shop while you are on holiday. Love the clean simplicity of this and thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB card Shona! Sounds like you had a very productive trip, can't wait to see what else you create with your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the crispness of your card, the little house really pops against the white and I love the little gemstones coming from the chimney, great touch. Can't wait to see your SSS goodies. Thanks for playing along at ATSM again this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great one layer CAS design, Shona! Love the little red house :) Great to see you back again with lots of new goodies to play with. Sounds like you had a fab time away too - sunshine and a waterpark sounds like bliss! Are we going to see your two tier cake creation for Max's birthday....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family...any photos to share??? Your card is just so so sweet and love your clean look you created, just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect CAS card! Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds as though you had a fantastic time, Shona ... so fun and relaxing ... and sunny! Delicious card ... so wonderfully crisp and CAS ... and I LOVE the bling smoke coming from the chimney! Waiting to see those non-swimmie photo's! Anita:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Glad you had a good time away too!

    ReplyDelete