Saturday 22 November 2014

CASology Challenge - Week 122

I spent four hours gardening yesterday so very stiff and sore. Unfortunately I need to go back again now to do another four hours, so probably won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning. I do love getting my hands dirty and pulling weeds. Very cathartic I think!! And I have to be so careful and clean when making my cards, so nice to go crazy in the mud!

I had so many different ideas for this weeks challenge at Casology but unfortunately I just couldn't get them to work. So I decided that instead of stressing about it, I would stick with my favourite look of lots of white and a simple sentiment:
 

I wanted to do separate banners for each part of the sentiment but couldn't work out how to adhere them till I went rummaging thru the kitchen cupboard at 1am in the morning. And there was a package of wooden skewers...perfect!!

I cut strips of white card stock and stamped each sentiment in red. I gave them all a fishtail and then spent ages folding them around the skewer till all the stamps were in a vertical line. I glued the loop of card stock around the skewer and then used double-sided tape on the back of the flags. Luckily I have a kit of pliers that had one sharp enough to cut off the end of the skewer. Clean, crisp and flaggy!!

The stamps are from Neat and Tangled 'Everyday Labels' and the enamel dots from Papervine.

I will also link this to a new challenge (for me) at Uniko Studio Challenge # 16 where Bev has made some changes so that you can join in the fun even if you don't own any Uniko Stamps (which unfortunately I don't). The theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Right, back off to the garden. Its absolutely huge and the weeds will have started growing at one end by the time I finish at the other. But the good thing is there are heaps of plants I can "borrow" for my garden and no one will notice. I need to get paid some how for all my hard work...right??! 

Here are a couple of photos of the roses in my garden at the moment. The smell around the house is heavenly:





Take care
Shona

16 comments:

  1. Its a nice card Shona, I like all the banners under one flag, hahaa and of course not, I am not thinking anything :D this tells me that we have a similar thinking process, in my case, I don't own too many supplies, so look around the house to see what I can use ;) It will be a brillaint masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Shona. Is that dark rose a William Shakespeare?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are amazing...Great inspiration a card! I love the crisp and clean look of your card and am so pleased you joined us at Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona you Kill me with the gorgeousness of your garden!!! Gardening is my other passion, though it is all but forgotten exchanging the time for cards...well.. I will enjoy Spring when it comes back! Love your creative Flags card! Very clean and so clever, LOVE the way the message reads!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that rose! Do you know the variety? I see you're still loving red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your flag card!
    What a gorgeous rose! I forget that you guys are opposite seasons from us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean crisp and so striking, Shona ... a fabulous flag card! Lovely to see those gorgeous roses when our flowers and plants are mostly sleeping! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous roses! A bit of brightness for me as it is dreary and rainy where I live! Fabulous card...so creative! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative flag, Shona! Love your roses, too. They are absolutely gorgeous. I used to garden a lot, until my back shouted, "I Quit!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super clever flag card Shona (and LOVE those roses they are stunning)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the crisp lines of your card, Shona. The sentiment stamps are perfect for this design and your enamel dots finish it off perfectly. What lovely roses too, you're so lucky to have a large garden, mine is about the size of your card! haha Thanks for sharing at CASology, Anita x (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your simple flag design - the sentiments really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Shona!!! This card is the CAS winner for me! Those lovely roses are brightening my very cold, white, winter wonderland today!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius! Another stunning creation & thanks for linking up to the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fabulous card Shona, Thank you so much for joining in with the Uniko Challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a clever idea to use the flag-theme this way! A fun card! And those roses look beautiful; wish I could smell them overhere... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete