Sunday 16 November 2014

Muse Challenge # 93

Its Sunday night 10pm and I'm planning on going to bed early for a change, even though I need to work on some cards that are due. There is always tomorrow and will probably have changed my mind about the design by then anyway!!
 


Therese Calvird is sharing a card as inspiration at Muse this week. I absolutely love all of her card. And she is such a lovely person as she puts up with a lot of my questions about techniques etc. I think this is CAS perfection, so simple, lots of white and a simple sentiment. 

 I love triangles ALOT and when I was thinking about a design I remembered a stencil I had (that I hadn't tried before) and that maybe it would make a good tree. I think it did!




I placed the stencil over the card front and masked off the rest of the card stock. Using a red dye ink and my mini blending tool, I coloured the stencil until I achieved a dark red. I removed the stencil and allowed it to dry. I then stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in silver. I then went to work then on all those little triangles with my Wink of Stella pen. I know, its red and white again but I can't help myself!!!

The stencil is from Teresa Collins 'Basically Essential' and sentiment stamps from WPlus9 'Hand lettered holiday'.

The lovely ladies at CASology Challenge Week # 121 must be so sick of me with this challenge. I don't usually enter more than once but just can't stop making Christmas cards, especially one layer cards and this is the best challenge to enter them. Their theme this week is:


Of course I also have to link this to the Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 121 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my zillionth entry.

I'm also going to enter the Moxie Fab Challenge - Tree-mendous Trees where their theme is projects containing 'trees'. This is my third entry.

And I have to keep supporting one of my favourite challenges Virginias View Challenge # 9 where their theme is:


Right, bed here I come!! I have about 5 months worth of magazines sitting beside my bed that I never get a chance to read, so will grab a few of those and flick thru before I can't fight my eyelids anymore. I do find though (especially with Home and Garden type mags) that I spend a lot of the time picking out patterns and colours that could work on a card. I'm becoming a bit 'card design' obsessed, don't you think???

Take care
Shona

17 comments:

  1. You're rockin' these Christmas cards, Shona!!! Love that I've had time to browse for a while!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection, Shona ... gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS, Shona! Your triangle tree is amazing: clean, simple, eye-catching, striking. I'm crushing all over this! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM Gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card!!! I love your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 'see' the same thing in magazines and out and about on clothing etc. I think it's more of an addiction than obsession lol. Your stencil tree is genius Shona and I saw you made another, so now I'm heading over to check that one out too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I love this graphic take on the Muse! So glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely wonderful, and I think I speak for the entire team that we are NOT tired of seeing all your beautiful projects and will never tire of it. I am so glad that you are playing along, and I hope you continue to play along here at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, love the clean graphic look. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing and brilliant take on the more, love those tiny little triangles :) thank you for sharing with ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative take on the Muse, Shona! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. test comment for no-reply blogger problem

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shona ...thanks for being my follower but my Blog is empty I am not blogging every day only if my son give me chance to make cards and blogging I fill in my blog...
    Hey you joined two times at MUSE challeng?
    This one is so sweet love that little triangles too..adorable take on the MUSE card from Therese,,hope you like being my blogland friend and we can visiting each other again and again Shona...hugs, Monika from Munich

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, you aren't alone at being card design obsessed! Love your festive card! Join us at Merry Monday (starting back up Jan. 5) and make Christmas cards all year!

    ReplyDelete