Monday 10 November 2014

OCC Holiday Card Workshop 2014 - Day 4

It has been the most wonderfully warm weather for the past few days and I've enjoyed staying up late each night crafting away (although if I don't get an early night soon I might start falling asleep while eating my dinner...). 

I was extremely lucky to win a place in the latest Online Card Class  thru a Winnie and Walter challenge, and its all about Christmas cards and tags. It started last Monday 3rd Nov and there have been five days plus one bonus filled with incredible projects and ideas. I really wanted to try everything out, so have been working my way through the classes.

Day 4 was all about 'One Layer Cards', which is something I love to make. Jennifer McGuire created some window cards, which I absolutely loved. She showed a technique where you can cut a circle and half-cut another small die at the same time. Hard to describe, I couldn't do it as I didn't have any small xmas dies but managed to get the same look:





My 'santa' was stamped on white cardstock and then fussy cut. I used a red marker to colour his hat and cheeks and used Wink of Stella on his pom-pom and band of hat. I adhered him straight to the card front so that the top half hung over the window. 

I then die cut the circle on some scrap paper and matched up with the window on the inside of the card. I used my mini blending tool with red dye ink to create the red circle and then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white.

I love this card so much and is my favourite one from the card class so far. Can imagine doing these with different fussy cut characters and different colours. Thanks so much Jennifer for the idea!!

The 'santa' stamp is from Kaisercraft and sentiment from Simon Says Stamps 'Christmas 3x4'. The enamel dots from Papervine.

As I've used only red and white I will link this as my second entry to the Colour Me! Challenge # 45 where their theme is:



 
I'm also going to link this to the Artful Crafts - Christmas Countdown Challenge where each week until December 21st, they will have a different challenge theme. This week its 'Clean and Simple'.

Will also pop this into the Card Class Gallery. There are so many incredible cards made by other students, its quite amazing!

I have a huge pile of cards and tags here to post but will try to spread them out and not overload you all at once. I can't believe there are only six weeks of school to go and then they have around 8 weeks off. Must schedule in a weekend with my Mum and a few days of just me and my cards before the silly season begins!!

Take care
Shona


10 comments:

  1. I so love the way you do this, it is such a cool way to create a OLC-will have to try it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so clever! Love the sweet little Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so special this one layer! Great way to still use onelayer and have a window! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much fun...I love your sweet Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, Shona ... Santa is so adorable against that wonderful circular splash of red! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that cheeky little Santa, look at those red cheeks! I really must think about using the inside on the outside, this looks so effective, Shona. Thanks for your second card at Colour Me...! this week.

    Anita x (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love that santa card too Shona! Fantastic job! I think I am going to CASE this style for my christmas mail out! So effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like class is a blast Shona! LOVE this card and pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I'm so glad you're in class, too. Isn't it fun? You're doing a knock-out job on the homework!

    ReplyDelete