Sunday 23 November 2014

Muse Challenge # 94

One of the many things I love about playing in challenges, is that they give me a chance to try new ideas, colour combo's and techniques that normally would shy away from. That's exactly what happened with this weeks Muse  challenge.





This colourful and perfectly stamped card by Marion was the inspiration for this weeks Muse Challenge. I wasn't quite sure how she did the layered die-cut and I also knew that I didn't have the right type of ink pads to get the same impression but I was itching to give it a go.

 After going thru my stamp collection, I realised that I didn't have many solid stamps that were along the same line as the balloons. I also only have pigment ink pads, so knew it would be hard to see thru them, as they are so opaque. This still didn't stop me and I'm actually really happy with how it all turned out!!

I stamped the snowflake stamp in red, light pink and grey randomly around the bottom right-hand corner of the card front. I then die-cut the 'joy' from the stamped area, along with 3 extra 'joy's' from white cardstock. I adhered a piece of white card stock to the inside of the card front, behind the word window. 

After gluing all the 'joy' layers together, I glued it into the die-cut hole. To help it stand out I covered the 'joy' with Wink of Stella for some sparkle. I then stamped the rest of the sentiment in black.

The snowflake stamp is from Simon Says Stamps 'Presents and Ornaments'. The 'joy' die-cut and sentiment stamp are from WPlus9 'Hand lettered holidays'.

I will also link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 16 where the theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my second entry.

UPDATED: Losing my mind!! I typed in that I was also linking to the Less is More Challenge Week # 199 but I moved some paragraphs around and just realised that I must have deleted it! Their theme is 'Jingle all the Way' and they are looking for anything Christmasy. 

It has been a very warm, sunny day and still quite warm now at 10pm. Phoebe and I spent some time making cards this afternoon. She has really learn't a lot about the stamping and the creative process over the past few months. I'll take a photo of her card tomorrow to show you what she did. 

She was frustrated because the layout wasn't balanced (like Mother, like daughter...) and got very creative when fixing a mistake. Might have to use her idea myself.....

Take care
Shona

15 comments:

  1. great take on the Muse card, love the mix of colours. Excited to see Phoebe's card! And thanks for joining us at Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many challenges, not enough time! I love your take on the Muse challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! Gorgeous use of those snowflake stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun flurry of snowflakes, Shona ... the colours are fabulous! Looking forward to seeing Phoebe's card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful, thanks so much for linking up at Uniko Studio. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Shona!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. A superb challenge combo card Shona
    Love your colour choice and placement of stamps.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Shona! I absolutely love your card. The colors are fantastic! This is a winner in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Shona. Thank you so much for joining in with the Uniko Challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this - and how you fought through all the 'obstacles' to come up with this amazing take on the Muse! As for crafting with Phoebe - I hear you - my daughter Kate has the same frustrations - I think we all do - we're all striving to do our best and are disappointed when we think that all the effort doesn't translate into something we love! We'd love to see Phoebe's work at Muse, too, if she'd like to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad it all didnot stop you, becorse your card is a beaty!
    So great to read that your daughter is as creative as you! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, Shona - love how you have adapted the design to work with your supplies! Great to hear that you have passed the crafting bug to Phoebe - looking forward to seeing her work :) Just make sure you don't fight over the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shona what a great use of the MUSE inspiration, love your card!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete