Monday 24 November 2014

Just Add Ink Challenge # 241

I've had a lovely Monday morning at home pottering around with housework, finishing my card, covering my cherry tree in bird netting etc. No rush and no one else around. And after I finish this I'm off to the river bank to take the dogs for a walk in the very hot sun. Awesomeness!!

I couldn't wait to get started when I saw this sketch at Just Add Ink this week. There are so many possibilities for ideas. I was wandering around blog land leaving some comments when I came across a card with some solid butterflies stamped all over it. This jogged my memory about a butterfly stamp that I haven't used, and maybe it would be perfect.





This is the largest stamp I have and it just fitted on to my stamp block. It has so much detail I didn't think it would emboss very well but it totally surprised me and turned out perfectly. Why haven't I used this before??!!!

Basically I cut the front panel out of white card stock. I then stamped the butterfly in Versamark Ink and embossed in silver. I then took a bit of a risk and very gently painted it in with some Distress Ink mixed with water. I don't have watercolour card stock so as long as I don't use too much water, it turns out fine.

After drying I cut the panel into three strips. The 'thanks' was also stamped and embossed in silver but I didn't have an ink pad in a pink that would match the watercolour. So I took another risk and stamped the rest of the sentiment in Distress Ink. Hooray, it worked!! This strip was adhered straight across the three panels. A few pretty sequins and my risky card was complete. And I love it!!!

The butterfly stamp is from Couture Creations. The sentiment stamps from Winnie and Walter 'Big Bold You'. The light pink sequins from Neat and Tangled and darker pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I will also link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Thanks/Thanksgiving'.

I'm also going to join the AAA Cards Challenge # 28 where their theme is also:


I'm going to sneak this into the Winnie and Walter - Playdate No. 4  where they have some photos and colours for the theme inspiration. My eye was instantly drawn to the silver goodness in the top right:


This is also going to be my second entry into the CAS(E) this Sketch # 101 challenge where their sketch is very similar to this card (must have had it in my mind still....):


And last (but definitely not least) I will join the Uniko Studio Challenge # 16 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. I think this is my 4th entry, they will be getting sick of seeing my cards!!!

Whew, I haven't joined so many challenges at once for a long time. Now I have the fun task of linking to them all. How I wish the brainy computer people would come up with a way to do it all at the same time........

Take care
Shona
 

26 comments:

  1. Shona...oh my, this is just stunning. I love the soft sweet colors of your butterfly, and what an elegant way to say thank you too, I think this has to be my all time favorite of your cards. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card Shona. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty Shona! Isn't it nice to have some sun around us, I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never sick of seeing your cards and hoping you can Uniko stamos to your collection! This buttefly is amazing and I love the combo of pink and silver...check out my TO reminder for Thursday this is a Uniko stamp AMD water coloured bit not as good as your card. Great to see you again xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card Shona, definitely worth the risk. Love the pop of pink ink with all that silver embossing. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love how the butterfly looks split over the three panels. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Shona! All of that whitespace is the perfect backdrop for that lovely silvery pink butterfly.Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...great card, love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous - I love your delicate design.
    Thanks for playing along this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Shona, I fabulous design and a beautiful embossed butterfly and lovely sentiment panel!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty, Shona ... the silver and pink are gorgeous together ... so soft and feminine! Have you checked out the SSS blog today ... http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/a-very-hero-arts-holiday-lots-of-blog-candy-winners/ ... scroll on down to the bottom! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the butterfly across the panels like that! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shona this is wonderful! You did a great job of capturing the sheen of the embossing and your combination of silver and pink is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Shona - this is simply stunning! I loved your explanation of how it all came together, and your surprise that your plans worked! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!
    I have being following your blog for a while now, and I really adore your card designs! Thanks for sharing! :) This card is so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fantastic design and wonderful combination of elements/colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tjee you have been bussy! Great take on the sketch and so beautiful that subtile butterfly! Enjoy the week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shona your card looks stunning - I love your pretty colours and the butterfly is so sparkly and beautiful - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous card dear Shona, congrat's on the Honorable Mention at Just add ink!!
    Smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting sketch and beautifully done!
    Thanks for playing AAA Cards "THANKSgiving" challenge. Happy Holidays, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great thank-you card! Thanks so much for playing with AAA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry for such a late visit - AMAZING lovely card Shona! Thanks for joining AAA Cards, hope you join in the new Blue Christmas Challenge too !! Sounds like fun!

    -Kimberly Wiener (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete