Wednesday 12 November 2014

OCC Holiday Card Workshop 2014 - Day 5 'Tags'

Tags seem to be all the rage at the moment with quite a few challenges just for tags and the odd blog hop here and there. I haven't made many before, so was so glad they covered this in the Online Card Class.

Yana Smakula gave a wonderful tutorial on Window Tags, which is where you die-cut shapes into your tags to add interest. She used a gorgeous snowflake die to cut her tags. Unfortunately I don't have anything like that, so thank goodness for my new circle dies!!


One of the tags she made had a die-cut into the tag and then some patterned paper put behind with foam tape. I die-cut a tag with white card stock and also with the patterned paper. After stamping the sentiment and adding a few little stars, I sandwiched the two tags together with lots of foam tape. I wanted to make the circle look like an ornament, so I glued the silver twine just above the circle and covered it with some silver glitter washi tape.


For the next tag she showed us how to make a shaker tag. I die-cut the tag in white card stock twice and cut out some patterned paper for the shaker background. I stamped the sentiment on the front of the tag with silver ink and added a few rhinestones. I also glued the silver twine above the circle and covered with silver washi tape.

I cut some clear acetate as the window and adhered behind the circle. I also glued the pattern paper to the back tag. Lots of foam tape was added to the back tag and sequins and stars poured in. The front tag was then placed over top. A fantastic shaker tag that you wouldn't want to throw away with the paper. You could even use it on the Christmas tree!

The stitched-tag die is from Pretty Pink Posh. The circle die is from Couture Creations. The green paper from the top tag is from Lawn Fawn 'Peace Joy Love' and the blue paper from Chickaniddy Crafts 'Jolly Good'. The sentiment stamps are from Simon Says Stamp 'Christmas 3x4'. The silver stars and silver glitter washi are from Papervine. The turquoise sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the darker blue sequins from Avery Elle.

I'm going to link the shaker tag to the Addicted to CAS Challenge # 51, this is my second entry. Their theme is:


And as I seem to have used lots of silver AGAIN, I will enter the Virginia's View Challenge # 9 where their theme is:


I have one more card to post and two more to make but my eyes are starting to close on their own. Maybe I haven't quite caught up on all my sleep yet.....Oh how I wish there was more time in the day to do all the things I would like. But then it wouldn't feel like a treat I suppose when I finally sit down and take time to create a card (and a mess!). 

Take care
Shona

13 comments:

  1. Two fabulous tags. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! What a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design idea! Ond I love both your tags! Warm and cxold-colours! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I adore the shaker tag! Both are fabulous actually. Great use of the washi tape too! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute shaker tags!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Shona, love love love how you added the twine to the bauble and not the top of the tag... genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona...what a wonderful pair of show stopper tags! I love the both, so so elegant and beautiuful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tags, love a bit of shaking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dual purpose, Shona ... tags and ornaments ... completely fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. woooww your shaker TAG is adorable Shona...I am in the office but have a bit time thats why I walk around your blog..

    Shona, would you mind to change the setting of the commenting section to be POP UP comment..its easier while I am commenting then I still can see your creation...like this..the comment section is so below...its a bit difficult to comment I must scroll above and bellow to see your lovely creation...with pop up its nicer while I commenting I still can see your cards....just an IDEA please dont angry to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my stars, somehow I missed these and I'm over the moon in love with them, Shona!! Absolutely genius!! Congratulations for the win at Virginia's!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the virginia's win!

    ReplyDelete