Friday 14 November 2014

OCC Holiday Card Workshop 2014 - Day 2

Shaker cards, you really can't beat them. Everyone loves them and all those sequins etc zooming around just makes a card fun!

Day 2 of the Online Card Class was about interactive cards and this included shaker cards. The tutorial was around creating a scene with lots of critters, tree's etc, all coloured with copics and die-cut. The card was stunning. Unfortunately though I don't quite have the goods to re-create it. So...


I can't seem to stay away from red and white, can I?? It always seems so festive and looks so good with the silver stars.

I used two different sized rectangle die's to cut the frame twice from white card stock. I also die-cut the patterned paper using the larger rectangle die.  After gluing the two white frames together, I flipped them over and attached some clear acetate. Foam tape was then added following the window frame and making sure at the same time not to leave any gaps.

I added small/medium red and silver stars onto the acetate, along with red metal hearts. The foam tape backing was removed and I stuck down the pattern paper. The shaker was complete! This was attached to the card front with double-sided tape. I stamped the sentiment onto the white banner and attached to the bottom of the shaker. Silver thread was wrapped around the bottom of the card and that was that. Starry, sparkly, shaky goodness!

The rectangle dies are from Couture Creations. The pattern paper from Studio Calico 'Magical Collection'. The small silver stars are from Papervine, the rest of the sequins from The Warehouse. The sentiment stamp is from Simon Says Stamps 'Christmas 3x4'.

Since I have so much silvery sparkle going on with this card, I'm going to link this to the Inkspirational Challenge # 69 where their theme is:


And once again, because of all that silver, I'm going to link this to the Virginia's View Challenge # 9. This is my millionth entry! Their theme is:


And lucky last (but not least), will link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge, where their theme is 'Seeing Stars' and there are certainly a lot of them to see (and shake) with my card.

Whew, what a mouthful that post was. I really wish my computer would go faster or that there was an easier way to link to all these fantastic challenges. Oh well, it keeps me out of mischief for a while anyway and makes me sit still which is a bonus. At least the kids know where to find me when I'm in 'blog post' mode!

Take care
Shona

15 comments:

  1. Such a super fun shaker card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this elegant, shaker card, Shona! The red/white/silver combo is so festive and the patterned paper works perfectly with the shaker design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunningly elegant card Shona . . . love it! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Shona!! LOVE the shaker element with the peppermints in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love the shaker!!! You can never go wrong with things that sparkle. Your cars is just beautiful Shina,a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those shaker stars Shona,I can't stop shaking myself lol.... I found some glass beads today that I used to use in cross stitch and thought that they would look fab in a shaker, next project sorted lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card yet so very elegant too. And we all love red and white-go with what you love and thanks for joining us at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun, Shona ... and so pretty ... all those shaker stars are soooo delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and elegant shaker card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so super cute! Love that shaker! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this shaker card! The patterned paper you chose is perfect and the stars are great - it is really festive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous clean and festive design - love the sweets background and the stars are great for a shaker. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun is this shake card, Shona! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your red and white themed shaker card, super

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear..
    love your shaker card
    the paper behind it is a cool add with all your white paper on your card..
    Shona this is beautiful and adorable..

    I love your idea...

    hugs,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete