Saturday 8 November 2014

Colour Me...! Challenge # 45

Red has never been a colour that I could ever wear or was drawn too (except for a red Ducati motorbike or a red Ferrari) but boy oh boy does red look good on a Xmas card.

I knew that as soon as I saw the colour combo at Colour Me! that a Xmas card just had to be done. I haven't made many so far, so really need to stock up before time runs out.



I wanted to try out some of my new Xmas stamps, especially the snowflakes, so really went to town!

I randomly stamped the snowflakes and star stamps around the bottom half of the card. Originally I was going to put a strip of red washi tape along the top but it was too much red. So, I cut a thin strip of white cardstock and glued that along the top of the stamps. I actually really love the white on white, almost looks like I masked off that half of the card but I definitely wanted a strip across.

I then basically stamped the sentiment stamps in red and added some clear rhinestones to some of the snowflakes. Crisp, red and Xmasy!

The snowflake and star stamps are from Simon Says Stamp 'Presents and Ornaments'. The sentiment stamps are from WPlus9 'Hand lettered holiday'. Rhinestones from Kaisercraft.

Was supposed to be going to the park now but Max and his friend Zac have now gone round to Zac's house to play (the joy of him living around the corner). Phoebe has Ella here and they are playing in her bedroom. I might be able to squeeze in a bit more gardening after all.......

Take care
Shona


 

13 comments:

  1. I really love your card Shona! Such a beauty you had created, absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think to stamp snowflakes in red, Oh man, these look totally amazing, what a fab design Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a striking card Shona! Love those bright red, crisp snowflakes and as usual, a lovely Shona design. Thanks for joining in at Colour Me...!

    Anita x (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those red snowflakes! I totally thought you had masked off the top panel, and like you, love that white on white look. This is a really fantastic christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to chuckle when I read your comment about red Ferraris because my younger son is totally into sports cars right now and he was sitting next to me with his car magazines...
    You are right, red and white always look good for Christmas and your fabulous card proves that once more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking, festive and brilliant, Shona ... who'd have thought, red snowflakes ... so creative ... it works beautifully! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona, I love the bright red and white for Christmas! Red was my favourite colour as a kid - red, black and white curtains, red bedspread, red clothes... :-) I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--this is just so stunning. I love the bright red on that crisp white. I love how the top of your card is so white and the bottom has all that red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card! The step from floowers to christmas is a huge one, but it works so well on your card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a FABulous Christmas card!!! Love the white space and little sparkle you added to the snowflakes :) Thank you so much for taking the time out to share with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, I just love your beautiful red snowflakes! The sparkle you added makes them shine! The white space just makes the snowflakes pop! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me...! this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shona, what a stunner! Love the crispiness of your card – it's so clean and simple and yet super elegant. I'm jealous of the person that will get that card for christmas :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great Christmas card Shona! I love your elegant red snowflakes, bold sentiment and just the right amount of sparkle! Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete