Tuesday 11 November 2014

Addicted to CAS Challenge # 51

On Day 3 of the OCC Holiday Card Workshop 2014 it was all about water-colouring. Kristina Werner made a card using the the emboss-resist technique. On water colour card-stock she heat embossed some images in white and then applied water colours over the top. The effect is quite stunning as all of the embossing resists the colour of the paint.

I don't actually own any water colour card-stock or any water colours so I decided to try something different...

The theme at Addicted to CAS is 'tag', so I thought I could try some water colouring on a tag shape. This was my result:


I die-cut the tag from normal white cardstock. I decided that instead of white embossing, I would try it with silver, so heat embossed my snowflakes in silver. I squashed my Picked Raspberry Distress Ink onto a tray and mixed in water with a brush. I then very lightly brushed the colour across the tag, using more colour at the bottom, to create an ombre look. While drying I put the tag under some heavy books to stop it from warping.

Once dry I used the hole punch and added some silver thread. I also cut a strip of vellum and glued it across the tag. Silver cardstock was used to die-cut the 'joy' and this was adhered to the vellum. I used some foam tape on the back of the tag and attached it to the card front. A few pretty sequins and my water colour experiment was finished. 

Really happy with how it turned out. In fact, I like it so much I think I might try it again in a few different colours.

The tag stitched die is from Pretty Pink Posh and the 'joy' die from WPlus9 'Hand lettered holiday'. The snowflake stamp is from Simon Says Stamp 'Presents and Ornaments' and the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

As I've used a lot of silver on this card, I'm going to link this to the Virginia's View Challenge # 9. This is my third entry and their theme is:

 
I'm also going to link this as my second entry to the Artful Crafts - Christmas Countdown Challenge where their theme this week is 'Clean and Simple'

Very hot and windy here today. Off to my Mum's for dinner shortly which will be wonderful. She always makes the best roast chicken and so nice not to have to cook it all myself. Now I'm just wondering what she has made for dessert???

Take care
Shona

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful ladies-tagcard! In pink it doesnot look that cold... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Shona. Love the spectrum of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...I LOVE the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, seriously!! You are getting better and better every time I see one of your creations! I am loving your creativity at the moment! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pink ombre tag with the silver snowflakes and the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just gorgeous Shona-such a pretty card and you sure should try this again. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... amazing design Shona. Love the watercoloured tag with the embossed snowflakes ... the vellum sentiment is perfect as it lets the beauty of the watercolouring show through. Fabulous CAS design ... love all that white space! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous ombré, Shona ... soft, delicate and wonderful with the silver snowflakes ... and perfect with the vellum! Yummy! Hope the dessert was too!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, I love the silver and pink color combo! The added vellum is lovely in this! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the tag is Stunning....woooww I never combine silver against pink
    I always think silver good with dark blue...lovely use of sequin and vellum and nice sentiment too...
    STUNNING and I LOVE THIS..
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete