Thursday 6 November 2014

TIME OUT Challenge # 18 - Home Sweet Home

I tell you, this year is just disappearing before my eyes and these fortnights between challenges feel like a few days!! The plus side is that we get to try out a new TIME OUT challenge and this time we have a photo for inspiration...yippee! The theme for this one is:

                                              'HOME SWEET HOME'

And this is the beautiful inspiration photo:

Isn't all the gorgeous wood, white crisp couch and golden glow of the candles so inviting??! Endless possibilities of card ideas for this one.

We also have a Guest Designer for this challenge and this time its the spectacular Toni from Frankie Helps Craft. I've been following Toni's blog for a while now. Her card designs are incredible and even a bit risque, which also makes them hilarious as she has a wonderful sense of humour. I really encourage you to visit her blog, you won't be disappointed!!

I couldn't help but be inspired by all the natural wood in the photo and also the glow of the candles for my card:



I made a top folding card from kraft card-stock and then used a curved-stitched die to cut off the bottom front. I desperately wanted to use one of my new Xmas word dies (from my SSS shopping spree), so die-cut the word in the middle. I then die-cut the 'merry' 3x from gold card-stock and stuck them all together. 

There aren't many other colours in the photo but some green moss around the pine cones. I used green striped paper and adhered it to the inside of the front panel, so the bottom of it became the rest of the card front. I glued the 'merry' into the die-cut word hole so it was inlaid but had some height to it. It also worked out well as you can see the green thru the word. I then stamped the 'christmas' in black Versafine and it was done. And not a sequin or enamel dot in sight!!

The 'merry' die is from WPlus9 'Hand lettered holiday' and the curved/stitched die is from Pretty Pink Posh. The 'christmas' stamp is also from WPlus9 'Hand lettered holiday'. The green paper is from Chickaniddy Crafts 'Jolly Good'.

I'm also going to link this card to the new Virginia's View Challenge # 9 and the theme is:




I can't wait to see how your all inspired by the challenge photo this week, you have two weeks to join in the fun. And if you need any extra ideas, please have a look at the cards by the design team this week, the girls have really outdone themselves!! Looking forward to seeing you all there at TIME OUT!!
 

Take care
Shona


19 comments:

  1. I love the stitiched curve and your use of colour here is perfect and funky-love the green stripes. Your merry die is the star here x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is absolute CAS perfection. I love the stripes and the gold sentiment is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you wanted to use that sentiment -what a stunning font!! I love it in gold. Great, fun card design, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the classic look on your card, Shona! I agree with Lynn...this is absolute CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as always! Love the gold, stripes and kraft. You have such a great eye for fab design details. I hope that Max has had a lovely birthday - any cake left?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to showcase metallic, Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simplicity and elegance of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS goodness Shona, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beauitufl play with pattern paper, kraft and gold, Shonna! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona...this is one amazing, beautiful and gorgeous card! I love your sweet style and those colors are so so pretty.
    Wanted to let you know I will be working on your little project this weekend and should have your goodies in the mail by Wednesday or Thursday. So looking forward to seeing what you create with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Shona ... so gorgeous! The shimmery gold sentiment (so on my wish list!) is fabulous nestled into the curved kraft base ... and those green stripes set it off so beautifully! No need for enamel dots or sequins!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great design with the rounded piece! Super CAS and warm card! Hope you enjou the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautifully designed! Really love the curvy-ness and that gorgeous die cut word - fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful & simply elegant!! I love the gold sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. as I told you I love your style
    this is so pretty with gold that kraft and DP, your DT card is amazing and thanks for visiting my Timeout card too Shona
    you have eye for color Shona...
    Adorable card you made and I LOVE LOVE THIS!!
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete