Monday 17 November 2014

Moxie Fab World Challenge - Tree-mendous Tree's (fourth entry)

I know, fourth entry....its insane how many Xmas cards I've made of late, especially since I procrastinated over making ANY for so long. I need to make a whole lot of birthday or thank you cards to break the habit! But until then...

Over at Moxie Fab World they have a challenge called 'Tree-mendous Tree's'. They are wanting projects that contain a tree somewhere and as I've had Xmas tree's pouring out of my brain of late, I've got another entry to add.

I was also inspired by the card for the latest Muse Challenge # 93, which was made by the always incredible Therese Calvird:


I've already entered the Muse Challenge once but had this other card stuck in my mind that desperately wanted to be made.


When I was on Pinterest the other day, I noticed a lot of Xmas tree's that were made up of graduating strips of paper or die-cuts and I just loved them. I wanted to add a little sparkle to my tree, so my glitter paper pad came out to play!

After die-cutting the tree, I cut thin strips of the pale green glitter paper and attached them to the back of the die cut. I also added a thicker strip of gold/yellow glitter paper behind the star. I cut out a piece of white card stock slightly smaller than the card front and adhered it over the the strips. A quick sentiment stamp in black ink and all done. Simple and clean...just the way I like it!

The glitter paper is from DCWV. The Xmas Tree die is from Couture Creations and the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp 'Christmas 3x4'.

Very dreary day today for the kids to be home (Teachers Only Day...lucky them!) so not sure what we will do. I'm going to take the kids, after lunch, to pick out their chocolate advent calendars (they are cardboard with a window for each day of December that contain a chocolate shape). 

I've taken a photo of them with their calendars every year since they could hold on to them and it always amazes me how much they grow between photos. Even though they are getting bigger and older, I still tell them they will always be my babies!

Take care
Shona
 
 




 

12 comments:

  1. I love your tree card too Shona
    its so CAS clean and crisp
    adorable take on the Therese card
    many thanks for your lovely words to my cards..
    You are so generous
    would you like being my blogland friend and we can visiting each other more often
    I love your style and congrats on your many win on CASology
    Your CAS card is stunning Shona...
    I am your new FAN
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it to bits shona! I've got a glitter pad on the way, I'm kicking myself because I saw the bright DCWV one in Spotlight when I was on holidays at my mothers and didn't want to 'carry' it back on the flight and haven't seen it anywhere up here at all, arrrgh, but sigh of relief, AC's chrissy one is at SB, although I will still have my eye out for the birghts lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, crisp, shimmery, CAS ... and so you, Shona ... brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Shona - this is brilliant! Love the graphic, clean feel! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one! The glittery stripes are great and the sentiment fits so perfectly extending the line of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Shona this is BEAUTIFULLY CAS. Such a great take on the Muse card. Totally love this card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...really this is so fun and just beautiful all at the same time. You really have a way with paper and ink...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a very clever tree design, Shona! I'm loving this for a card idea! And I'm loving your tradition of taking photos of the kids like that. It really does bring home how much and how fast they grow up. Sob! LITS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Testing no-reply blogger problem.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! I love the sparkle of the first one and love the stripes in the second. I really need to get going with my Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete