Wednesday 12 November 2014

OCC Holiday Card Workshop - Day 4 (No. 3)

As you can see, Day 4 has been my favourite day from the Online Card Class. I do love CAS or One layer cards. They are so simple but they can sometimes take the longest to design!!

Julie Ebersole showed us a card where she die-cut a deer with antlers in glitter paper. This was stuck straight to the card front. She then stamped a sentiment underneath it and added a very thin line of glitter paper along the bottom. I loved the look of this card but don't have any Christmas themed die-cuts that would work so:


I've been wanting to use this gorgeous colour of glitter paper for so long. And as I'm a great fan of non-traditional Xmas colours on cards, I thought this was the perfect time.

Such a simple card to make. I die-cut the 'merry' with glitter paper and adhered straight to the card front. I also cut a thin strip of the same paper and glued towards the bottom of the card. I heat embossed the rest of the sentiment in silver and added a sparkly clear star to give it more bling. Clean, simple and so easy to re-create in different papers and colours.  Thank you so much Julie for the inspiration!!!

The sentiment die is from WPlus9 'Hand lettered holiday'. The sentiment stamp is from Simon Says Stamps 'Christmas 3x4'. The glitter paper is from DCWV and the star from Papervine.

Will link this card to the challenge at CASology Week #121 where their theme is:


I'm also going to link this to the Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 121 where their theme is my favourite 'Anything Goes'. Can imagine this will be my first of many entries....

I have a few more cards I want to try for the Online Card Class and then must make some other types of cards. So funny how I put off making Xmas cards for so long and now that's all I seem to be making. Its rather addictive though, all the glitter and gold etc that goes with these types of cards has totally grabbed my attention!!

Take care
Shona

17 comments:

  1. Perfectly cas and perfectly gorgeous Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kind of card-CAS perfection as Lynn says-thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so CAS and beautiful with this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant and CAS, Shona! Love that die cut word and strip of glitter paper. I haven't got to Day 4 yet but am looking forward to it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous CAS and love the colours! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right...this color of glitter paper is gorgeous! I love that you kept your card CAS, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shona! Gorgoeus and FESTIVE too!! Love that strip and love the inspiration!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology, love when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, I love that glotter sentiment and line across the bottom of the card...what a great layout idea! Beautifully CAS, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, sorry for the ypo -- I meant "glitter!"

      Delete
    2. Oops again...I meant "typo!" My kids have taken over my computer, so my typing on my iPad is not very good! Sorry about that!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous colour, gorgeous glitter, gorgeously CAS, Shona ... fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that gorgeous colour and the touch of sparkle! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So simple and stunning! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! We sure hope we will see you around again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. simple...
    lovely colors
    SOOO CAS
    I love this Shona...another great concept on your card

    ReplyDelete