Saturday 8 November 2014

Poppy Sketch Challenge # 16

I love turquoise and white as a combo but haven't had much of a chance to use them together lately. 


When I saw this sketch at Poppy Sketches  I remembered straight away that I had some gorgeous blue chevron paper tucked away which would be perfect. And I haven't been using much in the way of glitter paper either lately, so this was my chance to whip it out.



I cut a panel from the glitter paper and shaped each end with a scalloped die. This was adhered directly to the card front. I then cut a smaller piece from the chevron paper and popped this up on foam tape. After cutting a strip of white cardstock, I stamped the sentiment and popped this up on foam tape too. A few scattered sequins and I was finished. Turquoise all the way!

The glitter paper is from DCWV. The chevron paper from Echo Park 'Everyday Eclectic'. Stitched-scallop die is from Pretty Pink Posh and sentiment from Neat and Tangled 'Kindness Matters'. The lighter blue sequins are from Neat and Tangled and the darker sequins from Avery Elle.

UPDATE: In my rush to get this post done this afternoon I completely forgot to link to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 74  where their theme is 'Thanksgiving/Thank you'. As I'm in New Zealand I've created a 'thank you card', although I kind of wish we had a Thanksgiving Day here too!! 

Some overgrown hedges are calling my name, so might pop outside while no one is looking for me. My garden smells so wonderful at the moment with all the roses blooming away. Will take some photos for you to see, just wish I could post them for you with Smell-o-vision!

Take care
Shona

11 comments:

  1. Stunning in its simplicity, Shona! What a sensational way to use beautiful patterned paper! This one is getting pinned! Enjoy the heady smell of your roses!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty CAS card, love the design.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crisp and gorgeous, Shona ... you know I'm going to love this colour combo! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!
    Thanks for playing ay Poppy Sketches!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! That glitter paper is awesome, isn't it? I have some and absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors! Great take on the sketch! So glad you were inspired by the Poppy Sketches challenge. I hope you will join us tomorrow for our new challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona: Your card is so pretty!! 'Thank You' from all the Simply Create Too Design members for joining us for this special challenge [Challenge #74 -"Thanksgiving/Thank You"]. Hope to see your entries next challenge too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so so pretty and so so creative! The colors and that patterned paper are amazing, I love it. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully elegant card - lovely! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for our latest challenge!
    Claire xx
    SCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and Elegant card......Thanks for playing along with Simply Create Too Challenge. Hope to see more of your projects in our upcoming challenges.
    Anuja - Simple Create Too DT
    craftcollage.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete