Sunday 16 November 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge # 34



This photo at Cure for the Monday Blues was too gorgeous to resist, its so colourful and playful. I just loved the colours and patterns, so the design came together very quickly (for once....).




The orange paper reminded me of the angles of the orange on the wall. And the blue paper is very much like the mat on the floor. There is also a little house in the bottom right of the photo which I definitely had to include.

I started out by die-cutting the houses and the curves on the pattern paper. I adhered the orange paper straight to the card front and I then positioned the houses and glued them into place. Double-sided tape was then used to put the blue paper on top. I stamped the sentiment, added a few enamel dots and my thank-you card was finished.

The house die-cuts are from Simon Says Stamp 'Village'. The curved-stitched die is from Pretty Pink Posh. The orange paper is from Teresa Collins 'You are my Happy' and the blue paper is also Teresa Collins 'Memorabilia'. The sentiment is from Neat and Tangled 'Kindness Matters' and enamel dots from Papervine.

I'm entering a new challenge (for me) today. Little Tangles is part of the Neat and Tangled blog and now that I have Neat and Tangled stamps (although they are not required) and the colour combo matched my card perfectly, I decided to give it a go.
 

I'm also going to link this to the Simply Create Challenge #74  where their theme is 'Thanksgiving/Thank you'. This is my second entry and I've just realised that I used the same stamp for both cards!

And last but certainly not least, I will join in with the Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 121 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my billionth entry!!

We watched a huge fireworks show last night with the kids. It was so loud and colourful, an awesome display! You know your a crafter when your looking at fireworks and you start noticing patterns and colour combo's that would look good on your cards. How bizarre is that!

Take care
Shona








13 comments:

  1. Fun take on the challenge! And a beautiful sentiment. Enjoy the Sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fun! I love how you were inspired, fun scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute scene, Shona ... love those wee kraft village houses! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used patterned paper on your little scene! I always forget to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute little houses with that beautiful sentiment! --- Very nice use of patterned papers!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Simply Create Too.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is CAS perfection - love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona: Your card is delightful!!! 'Thank You' from all the Simply Create Too Design members for joining us for this special challenge [Challenge #74 -"Thanksgiving/ Thank You"]. Hope to see your entries next challenge too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so so sweet Miss Shona. I love your patterned paper and those sweet houses, just precious. You are so so funny, no worries about using the same stamp, if the card is great, why not! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh Shona.....so soooo sweeettt
    your pink interpretation looks like the pillow/bed cover on the photo inspiration
    and you made a cutest scene I have seen today Shona...I adore this...
    love always your card concept...
    since when did you craft and making cards Shona..
    your card always CRISP has a great concept and lovely color
    and I never feel bored to see it...
    you are a clever card maker...
    hugs,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect CAS. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful mix of colours and patterns Shona - perfect for evoking the inspiration image with those cute little houses! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete