Friday 1 July 2016

Just Add Ink Challenge # 318

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to a new challenge at Just Add Ink. For this weeks challenge we are getting our inspiration from the alphabet:


                                                               JUST ADD 'S'


That's right, we want you to create a project with something related to the letter 'S'. It could be a stencil, a stamp or starfish patterned paper....basically its all up to you!!

I still seem to be on a roll from the challenge two weeks ago where you had to use 'stripes'. I used a new die to create a striped background for that challenge in black and white. But when I first saw this die, this is what I had in mind:
 
 
So you could say I added 'stripes' but you could also say I added 'strips' to create my background. As you can imagine this took quite a while to die-cut and put together but I forget all that whenever I look at it!

I grabbed my box of paint chips and selected a rainbow of pastel colours. The dies I used are by Waffle Flower 'Sentiment Dies'. They were created to be used with some of their sentiments which are in a straight line. I thought they were a godsend as I had been cutting these little strips for ages myself and could never get them straight!

There are four different die lengths in the set, so I used washi tape to group them all together and cut them all at once from each colour. Then came the fun task of working out the pattern and then adhering them all to the card front. I was watching a really good tv programme at the time, so it didn't feel like it took too long...

Once finished I used a circle die (from Waffle Flower 'Flower Circles' Die set) on a piece of white CS and stamped the sentiment (Waffle Flower 'Congrats') in black. I also die-cut the 'yippee' (from Waffle Flower) 3x from black CS, glued them all together and then to the circle. I popped the circle up on foam tape, added Glossy Accents to the 'yippee' and some black pearls from Papervine.

I'm going to link this to the Virginia's View Challenge # 22 where the theme is:
 
You have until Wednesday July 6th to link your projects to the Just Add Ink  challenge and if you need any 'S' inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Take care
Shona
  

8 comments:

  1. What a great card, Shona!I love all those colorful strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous and unique background these strips make Shona! I love your mixing and matching of colours and the contrast to the B&W sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible Shona! I love it~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright. This is most definitely a winner. Clever girl, using the sentiment strip really assured these gorgeous colors would nest together perfectly. Are you sure you weren't an engineer in a former life?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Shona this is fabulous! I love the vibrant pattern you've created with these strips and the contrast with your fun black and white sentiment circle is so striking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a whole lot of stripey awesomeness here! Your patience paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like the wall of magic colorful castle where dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete