Friday 29 July 2016

Just Add Ink Challenge # 322

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to a new challenge at Just Add Ink! We have a fantastic colour combo for you this week:



I get a little scared when I see brown in a colour combo, as I don't use it much at all but suddenly realised that brown is used in more than just ink and card stock. For example tree branches:


The idea of tree branches gave me the chance to use a stamp set that has been sitting looking at me for the past few weeks!!

I cut a panel of white CS and stamped the branch using Altenew 'Dark Chocolate' ink. I then stamped the solid flower images using Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' and then the second layer in Waffle Flower 'Happy Go Lucky'. Unfortunately the camera didn't pick up the layering details (which look great in person) so need to keep this in mind when using pale colours again with this set.

I adhered the panel to a slightly larger black CS panel and then to the card front. The sentiment was heat embossed in white on a strip of black CS and popped up on foam tape. And for a bit of interest I added some very pale pearls to the centre of each flower.

The floral stamps are from Altenew 'Vintage Flowers', as is the sentiment but from a freebie from a craft magazine. 

I'm going to link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 34 where their theme is 'CAS Flowers'.


And will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


You have until next Wednesday August 3rd to link your projects to the Just Add Ink and if you need any help in the 'ideas' department the rest of the Design Team have some stunning projects on the blog just for you. Looking forward to seeing your creations in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

10 comments:

  1. I love how you've used the colors on your card. Pink & brown is one of my fave combos and you've paired them beautifully with the Altenew stamp. Fabulous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Love those pearl centers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don'the you just love this set. So versatile and your use of it is elegant and lovely. Now, want to see the details. Hate it when the camera doesn't cooperate, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don'the you just love this set. So versatile and your use of it is elegant and lovely. Now, want to see the details. Hate it when the camera doesn't cooperate, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and delicate Shona! It won't be long till we see spring blossoms in real life although it does feel as though winter will never end sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Shona! I love how delicate your branch is and the sweet blossoms look fabulous topped with pearls. Spring will come - I think we are all counting down this year :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I do envy your ability to go so clean and yet create such a wow card Shona, just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Your image works really well with the colours. Simple & beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A true CAS beauty - LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete