Friday 29 July 2016

Little Tangles Challenge # 70

I'm whipping in here with a few hours to spare, so I can join the Little Tangles  challenge this month!

This month they have given us some inspiration from Pinterest in the form of this Summery photo:


All that cool, blue water looks divine against the bright umbrellas and fresh, green grass. Its sunny here today but definitely not swimming weather in the middle of Winter!!

I decided to be inspired by the colours in this photo and grabbed some ink pads:

As you can see by my photo, there isn't a whole lot of sun here at this time of year but at least it isn't raining and frosty!!

I stamped floral images from Neat and Tangled 'Scandinavian Prints' on some white CS using red, green, orange and blue inks (the red is from Altenew 'Crimson' and the other colours from Waffle Flower 'Chirp Chirp', 'Daydreaming' and 'Oh Happy Day'), and then black ink for the flower details. After fussy cutting them all out, I used double sided tape and foam tape to arrange the flowers around the sentiment (from the same stamp set) so there was dimension with the design. I added a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for a little shine and that was it. 

I'm also going to link this to three other challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)

 

Uniko Studio Challenge # 34 (CAS Floral)


AAA Card Challenge # 69 (one favourite stash item - mine is fussy cutting scissors)


Whew, didn't think I would get this done in time. The joys of being a last minute crafter but I don't find I get really good ideas if I have heaps of time. Am I the only one who does this??? 

Off to take the dogs for a walk. I have another card thats half finished for this challenge too but I don't think it will get finished in the next two hours. Will have to see how fast I can make the dogs run......

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. Cool card! I love that stamp set. Is on my wish list ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great retro feel to your card and love that your favourite stash item is something basic like scissors - where would we all be without them! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, Shona! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful colors! love this pattern, Shona! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colourful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! Another stunning beauty Shona and yet another set that's on my wishlist. I seem to have loads of floral sets and try to avoid them but they are irresistible aren't they! Gorgeous design and colour choice here and once again thanks for linking up at Uniko with it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have used the stamps and great take on the inspiration photo too. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete