Wednesday 13 July 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 202

Hi there everyone and welcome to a new week at Addicted to Stamps and More. This weeks theme needs you to break out your colouring tools!!




This means you can create any project or theme you like, as long as you colour it somehow yourself i.e. pencils, copics, water colouring etc. You can colour away to your hearts content!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Sami Stamps and they are giving the winner of this challenge a $12.00 gift certificate!!


Over the weekend I finally purchased a bigger paint brush to help me with creating backgrounds and stripes, so of course I had to give it a go:


I started by creating a panel of water colour CS the same size at the card front. I then grabbed a wide paint brush and my Kuretake Gansai Tambi water colour paint set and painted stripes using four shades of blue. I knew I would be using the killer whale image, so wanted a watery background for him. After drying it with my heat gun, I used a circle die with a stitch-hole detail around the edge. I stamped the killer whale on some white CS and fussy cut him out, adding black pen around the edge. I then stamped the 'hello' on the panel in black.

Lots of foam tape was added to the back of the panel and it was adhered to the card front. I then put tape on the back of the die-cut circle and pushed it into the circle space. After popping the whale up on foam tape, I glued on a few clear and blue sequins for a bit of sparkle.

The killer whale and sentiment are from Mama Elephant 'Whale Wishes'. The circle die is from Waffle Flower 'Flower Circles Die Set'. The blue sequins are from Avery Elle and the clear from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is this photo:


 
Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday June Challenge where their theme is 'Use wafer thin dies or stencils'.
 


 
You have until next Wednesday July 20th to add your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge and the rest of the Design Team have some incredible projects to inspire you on the blog. I can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
  

 
 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background and perfect for the water theme x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful...love that wonderful whale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got that brush...this background in gorgeous. Very soothing and ethereal. The whale is the perfect focal point and that sentiment is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card.Shona...Love your background and the whale is adorable...great design...hugs...Zeljka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is just gorgeous! I love the pale blues that you used. This was a perfect background for the wonderful whale image. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie ATSM DT

    ReplyDelete