Wednesday 27 July 2016

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge # 204

Morning everyone and welcome to another challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! Our theme for this weeks challenge is one of my favourites:




Your know I love lots of white space on my cards so always look forward to this one. Clean and simple means a project with very few embellishments, maybe one-layer and lots of open space. Can't wait to see what you make!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers and they are offering a $15 gift certificate to the winner. Yippee!!


The idea for my card today came from the amazing Francine Vuilleme of 1001 Cartes. She made a video here for My Favourite Things showing a technique of pencil colouring on kraft and then outlining the images with a white gel pen. Her card was incredible and I just had to give this a try:


This was so much fun to do  and I can't get over the extra interest the white gel pen gives to the card. I hardly ever use kraft CS but have now become rather addicted and have two other panels on the go with my pencils. So if you haven't seen the video, I really encourage you to check it out. And thank you so much Francine for the inspiration and technique!!!

So, to do this I cut a panel of kraft CS the same size as my card front. I stamped the images from the new release CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Spin the Dreidel' stamp set with black pigment ink. Once the ink was dry I used my Faber Castell Water Colour pencils to colour them in. I adhered the panel to the card front and then carefully drew around each dreidel with a white gel pen, sometimes more than once to make it really white.

To keep it simple (and I didn't want to cover up too much of my colouring) I stamped the sentiment from another CAS-ual Fridays Stamps new release stamp set 'Star of David' on a piece of kraft CS and added the white detail with my gel pen. I then popped it up on foam tape.

I'm also going to link this to the Virginia's View Challenge # 22 where its all about colour.

You have until Wednesday 3rd August to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More! challenge and if you need any help with ideas the rest of the Design Team have some gorgeous cards on the blog. Looking forward to seeing your CAS designs in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love this technique & need to watch that video. adding the sentiment the way you did is perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outlining those drills really. Makes those colors pop. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the coloring is awesome. Very cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outlining those drills really. Makes those colors pop. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the coloring is awesome. Very cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous coloring on kraft, Shona! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful card and beautiful coloring teamie...hugs Ċ½eljka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you colored the dreidels on the Kraft, Shona, such a unique way to showcase them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the best Hanukah cards I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete