Sunday 31 July 2016

Altenew Challenge - July

Hi everybody!! As usual I'm slipping into a challenge with a few hours to spare. How unusual.....not!!


I haven't joined in with the Altenew Challenge for a while and thought that since I finally have some new stamps of theirs, I better get a wriggle on and start creating!!

The colours stumped me a little, which is strange because they are natural floral colours but I wanted to show them in not such an obvious way:




It was a horrible, cold and wet day yesterday so had a lot of fun stamping and heat embossing the flowers in gold and water colouring with my Gansai Tambi paints. After fussy cutting them out, I used my mini-blending tool and Waffle Flower 'Chirp Chirp' ink to create a soft green background on the card front.

As this is a 'Wedding' theme, I wanted to add something intricate pattern-wise, as it reminds me of the dress itself and other elements with the decorations that are usually used for a wedding. I die-cut the Waffle Flower 'Lacy Flower' die' from a soft yellow paint chip and adhered to the card front. I then put the Altenew 'Beautiful Day' flower straight on to the die and then popped the Altenew 'Peony Bouquet' flower up on foam tape. 

I don't have many Altenew sentiments but this one from the 'Beautiful Day' stamp set seemed 'Wedding' appropriate, so stamped on a strip of white CS and put on foam tape as well. And of course a few Pretty Pink Posh gold sequins tied it all together.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)


Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday Challenge 
(use August gemstone colour Peridot (green) which is in the background)



Uniko Studio Challenge # 34



I got so carried away with using the Altenew flowers yesterday I made a second card, so will get that on my blog now before I miss the deadline. We have lots of sun today but the wind feels like its coming straight off snow. Going to the park to play soccer with Max and Phoebe but will definitely need to rug up first. Nice to get out of the house though!!

Take care
Shona


 

6 comments:

  1. Very gorgeous, fabulous blooms and really beautifully coloured. Thanks for linking up at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the embossed flowers and the green around the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This watercoloring is fabulously done. Love that you chose the peonies...such a beautiful image. Perfect with the diecut behind it. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a pretty combination, Shona - like your softened take on the challenge colors, and the gold accents takes it over the top for me! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I love the gold embossing paired with the pink watercolour and beautiful composition too. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete