Monday 25 July 2016

CAS-ual Fridays July Girl Friday post

Hi everyone and welcome to my 'Girl Friday' day on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog.




For my card today I wanted to try out a stamp and die set I hadn't used before and try to keep it CAS:


To start off I die-cut the three different star sizes of Stars Fri-Dies from DCWV 'Brights/Pastels' CS pad. I also die-cut the large star from the card front and added a panel of white CS behind it. Because I'm not very good at eyeing up the middle of things, I die-cut the middle sized star from the middle of the large star, and the small star from the middle sized star. Hope that makes sense.....

I inlaid the mint large star into the card front. I then die-cut two more middle sized stars from white CS, glued them together with the yellow star on top and inlaid into the mint star. To make the small star stand out even more, I die-cut the small star 3x from white CS, glued them all together with the pink on top and inlaid into the yellow star. This gives it lots of dimension and makes sure the stars are lined up perfectly. 

To finish off I stamped the sentiment from the Twinkle stamp set in black and added clear, pale pink and pale yellow sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


If your inspired to do a bit of shopping at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fantastic week with lots of crafting squeezed in somewhere I hope!!

Take care
Shona

 

2 comments: