Sunday 24 July 2016

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge

Happy Weekend everyone, hope yours are all going swimmingly and your either swimming in the sun or wrapped up against the cold (like myself right now....). I've been trying to do some more colouring of late inspired by Miss Kathy and her 30 Day Colouring Challenge at The Daily Marker.


I really enjoy colouring with my Faber Castell Water Colour pencils, they seem to have a better finish for me than the plain pencils for some reason but hardly ever add water to them!!

I decided it was time to break out some Mermonkeys and a new die to create a little underwater 'selfie':


I started off by stamping the mermonkey, seaweed and clam images on some white CS and coloured with my pencils. I then used the co-ordinating dies to cut them out and glued the claim in place. The photo frame was die-cut twice from white CS and also cut another piece the same size as the frame. I glued the two frames together to give it more stability and then used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon' to colour the panel blue. I then flicked with water to create a watery look. 

The die-cut images were glued in place on the blue panel and I stamped the sentiment in black on the photo frame. It was then popped up on foam tape and some aqua and clear sequins added. The selfie was then adhered to a white card front. Its certainly a much better selfie than any I've taken of myself!!

The stamps are from Waffle Flower 'Little Mermaids' as well as the frame 'Insta Love'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have four challenges I would like to link this too:

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Nautical/By the Sea) which inspired this card theme!!




AAA Card Challenge # 69 - my favourite stash item being my beloved sequins


 

Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday  (Wafer thin dies/stencils)



30 Day Colouring Challenge - The Daily Marker 


Off to take the kids to the library. Both of them have been very sick the last few days with a cold, Max especially. Not the best way to spend the second week of the holidays. They both should be back at school tomorrow but we are off to Nelson to spend the night as Phoebe has an Orthodontist appt early Tuesday morning. Hopefully Max will be okay, I'm sure he will perk up once we go shopping etc. Thought it would be good to get them out of the house for a few minutes for a change of scenery so fingers crossed we don't get blown away in the high winds!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

 

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable card!! I love the little mermonkey and the delightful smile on her face. Great use of white space too. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen a mermonkey before, but how adorable. Super CAS card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. Love that mermonkey!

    ReplyDelete