Thursday 21 July 2016

Time Out Challenge # 62

Hi there and welcome to a new challenge at TIME OUT! Have just voted for our last challenge, boy its getting harder and harder to choose. The Gallery was stunning with 'sunshiny' cards, thank you all for joining in! Your going to love this challenge theme, we have a photo for you:

                                                 HOME SWEET HOME

 
Isn't this photo brilliant??!! There are so many different ideas and inspiration here from frames, rainbows, red and white etc. The Gallery is going to be overflowing for this one I bet!!

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Stephanie of My Ink Well. Her cards are stunning and I'm so jealous of her ability to create gorgeous CAS designs and then layered creations. I really encourage you to pop over and take a look at her blog!!

For my card, the first thing that caught my eye was of course the rainbow but I then looked at all the frames on the wall and my design evolved:


I love geometric patterns and spent ages trying to put these black frames together on my card.

I don't actually own any dies this size BUT I realised that I could create these frames by putting two other dies together. I used the Waffle Flower 'Instalove' dies, pairing up the smallest and medium size, and then the medium and large sizes, putting the smallest in the middle. This created the frames from black CS and also left me with a whole lot of 'Instalove' frames I can use for another card!!

I adhered the larger frames to the card front and then popped the smaller ones up on foam tape. For the 'hello' (from Simon Says Stamp), I worked out where the word would cut into a piece of white CS and then used a rainbow of pencils to colour it in. Then all I had to do was die-cut the word, along with two more from white CS, glue them together and then to my card. I also added some Glossy Accents on top for shine.

You have two weeks to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and the rest of the Design Team (and our GD Stephanie) have some inspiration projects on the blog for you, to help with ideas. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I just love this Shona - the way you laid out the frame is so perfect! I just love bold graphic designs and your card stood out right away - fabulous! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona! You rocked this. All that graphic goodness and the clever way your arranged it, is awesome. Just the perfect touch of color to round (or should I say, rectangle) it out. Brilliant card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fabulous Shona, such an amazing graphic take on the photo. I adore you made the sentiment rainbow coloured...such a clever idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the card!!! Such a FABULOUS layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you mimicked the frames. So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant take on the photo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous...just amazing take on that inspiration photo!!! Love the look you created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the graphic design you created! It looks simple, but I know the work was very involved! Love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super design! What a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever, cool and wonderfully graphic, Shona ... love the scripty rainbow sentiment with those bold black frames! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete