Sunday 17 July 2016

Calling all Sistahs - July Blog Hop

Its the 17th of the month so what does that mean??? Time to get grabbing and feeling those boobs and make sure you feel nothing different from last month!!


If your following the Blog Hop list you will have arrived here from the talented Rahmat's Blog who I'm sure amazed you with her project!!

If this is your first time on Blog Hop, it was created by Michele (Owner of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps) to help and remind us all to self check our breasts and hopefully catch any problems early. Its not something I ever did before this blog hop, so if you were like me and didn't know what to do, here is a video to help you out. And we will be back every month on the 17th to remind you to do it!!

For my card I decided a little stamping and die-cutting was in order. And also used one of my favourite colour combos:




There is just something fresh and modern about pink and grey together, and is a nice change from my usual white card base.

Because I wasn't sure I could match up the stamp and die-cut perfectly, I cut a piece of grey CS slightly bigger than the card front and die-cut the 'Ruffled Ribbon Fri Die' from it. I then stamped the 'Hope Ribbon' using Hero Arts Shadow Ink 'Bubblegum'. This way I could adhere the grey panel (with foam tape) over the ribbon image and cut away the overhang. 

Using my mini blending tool and the same ink, I added some colour to some white CS and die-cut the 'Hope Fri Die' from it. I also die-cut two more from white CS, glued them all together and then over the ribbon. Lots of Wink of Stella was brushed over it and then Glossy Accents. And of course a couple of clear and pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finished it off nicely.


 If you are wanting to buy any of these sets, any of the other Calling All Sistahs Collection or any CAS-ual Fridays Stamps products, your more than welcome to use my special Girl Friday code to help you save 15% on your order.


Your next person on this blog hop is the fabulous Susan of My Paper Dreamz who has not one but two gorgeous cards for you. If you want to start at the beginning or have lost your way, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog to see the blog hop list. Look forward to seeing you next month and don't forget to check those breasts!!

Take care
Shona




 

13 comments:

  1. Shona, I love this, the pink and grey looks gorgeous together. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love how you cut out the hope ribbon on the gray top layer with the beautifully embossed ribbon underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice of that grey background. It make the ribbon pop. Love that you used the negative space to enhance your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Miss Shona...love pink and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, and the pink and grey is such a wonderful color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always liked pink and grey together. And it's perfect for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Shona, pink and grey, what ore this card needs, one of the best color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layering.
    The colors are very pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty! love how the top is diecut with the ribbon underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love this pretty color combo!
    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your use of the negative die cut, and the pink and grey combo, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty with the pink and grey color combo and the ribbon window.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! Pretty pink and grey. Great design, too, Shona. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete