Sunday 31 July 2016

Altenew Challenge - July (2nd entry)

While I was creating my first entry for the Altenew Challenge yesterday, I started coming up with a new idea and couldn't get it out of my head until I finished it last night!!



Since I had already created a card with water colouring, I thought I could make one with some stamping instead:
 


I cut a panel of white CS smaller than the card front and added an angled piece of gold spotted vellum (from Rosies Studio) to it. To capture the yellow I adhered a strip of yellow CS (from DCWV) to the card front along one edge and popped the panel up on foam tape. 

The peony flower (from Altenew 'Peony Bouquet') was stamped using Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' and Hero Arts Shadow Ink 'Bubblegum'. The leaves were stamped with Waffle Flower 'Chirp Chirp' and Hero Arts Shadow Ink 'Field Greens'. I fussy cut them out, glued the leaves behind the flower and then popped them up on foam tape so they hung over the side.

I used the sentiment from Altenew 'Beautiful Day' stamp set on a strip of white CS and popped up on foam tape as well, along with some gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to three other challenges:

Uniko Challenge # 34 




Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  (Anything Goes)





Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday  (use August Birthstone Peridot (Green) which is the leaves on my card)



Just back from the park. The wind is so cold but still had fun playing soccer with the kids. We had to stop at my Mum's house on the way back to pick up a chicken. She realised this morning while making scones that there is something wrong with the thermostat of her oven (the scones had very burnt bottoms!!), so I'm cooking the chicken here with roast veges and will pick her and the dessert up later on. Lucky we don't live far away from each other!!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Shona, love the touches of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love your design on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Shona! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaaaaah! So glad you were inspired to make another card because this is gorgeous. Love how you incorporated the colors so seamlessly...wonderful card. Hope dinner was amazing and that your Mom gets her stove calibrated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaaaaah! So glad you were inspired to make another card because this is gorgeous. Love how you incorporated the colors so seamlessly...wonderful card. Hope dinner was amazing and that your Mom gets her stove calibrated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card :) with the diagonal line and white space- fabulous!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreamy, delightful, elegant and so much to swoon over here Shona ... including one of my favourite Altenew sets ... those Peonies are always out of stock here - thankfully Anita brought it along to the retreat so got to stamp a few! Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko this month. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunner! You seem to be the queen of floral and certainly rocking the Altenew stamps. Thanks so much again for joining in on the Uniko Challenge and my apologies for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete