Monday 11 July 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge - July


Hi everybody and welcome to my Inspiration post for the Waffle Flower Challenge for July!!


Its the middle of Winter here in New Zealand, so this photo and the challenge colours really brighten up my dreary day!!!

For your challenge project you can be inspired by any part of the photo or use the colours, its totally up to you!!

I loved the colours straight away and decided to try out some new inks and stamps for my design:



I recently attended SENZ in Auckland (New Zealand) which is a three-day papercraft expo. I went to help my friend Lowri with her online craft store Papervine and she was able to get the new Waffle Flower Ink Pads to sell there. I felt like the unofficial 'Waffle Flower Ambassador' as I took a few of my DT cards (including this one) to show off the ink colours. This one was super popular and I sent lots of people to the Waffle Flower website to buy these balloon stamps!!

To start off I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front and stamped the balloons (from 'Balloon Messages') in Chirp Chirp (Green)Happy Go Lucky (pink)Daydreaming (Blue) and You Said What? (Yellow). I then stamped the butterflies (from 'Welcome Spring') on each balloon in black ink and coloured them with pencils. I also added some Wink of Stella to their wings for sparkle.

I stamped the bow (from 'Willy and Friends') and then the string from the Balloon Messages stamp set. The sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped on a rectangle piece of white CS and popped up on foam tape. And of course I had to add a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh in similar ink colours.
The whole panel was then put on the card front using more foam tape.






You have until the 25th of July to add your projects to the Waffle Flower Challenge and the rest of the Design Team have some gorgeous projects on the blog to help you with some inspiration. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Festive & fun...just what a birthday card needs to be. Speaking of bees, putting them on the balloons is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your card...just too cute. Those colors are so bright and vivid, just love all those sweet little critters too!

    ReplyDelete