Monday 25 July 2016

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge - Take 2!!

Maybe its the fact we are in the middle of Winter here in New Zealand but I don't seem to be able to stop making 'aquatic' and 'beach' themed cards at the moment. Must be wishful thinking!!!!



Over at the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge they have a 'Nautical/By the Sea' theme and after recently colouring some flamingos, I thought I would have a go at creating a beach scene:



I'm not usually one for creating a scene or filling up a whole card panel but realised that with the palm tree's I had stamped I could somehow make an island and it sort of went from there....

I used my mini-blending tool and some 'Salty Ocean' Distress Ink to create the water along the bottom of the card front. The flamingo's were stamped on white CS, coloured with pencils and die-cut using the matching dies. 

For the island, I used a circle die and cut it in half. I then used the blending tool again and some Waffle Flower 'Coffee Loves Milk' ink to create the sand colour. I adhered it to my card and cut off the overhang. I had already stamped and die-cut the palm tree's so glued them into place and popped the flamingo's up on foam tape. 

I then used a die for the first time to cut out the sun from a yellow paint chip, glued it in place, stamped the sentiment and some sequins. So happy with my first ever 'beach' card and I'm sure it was the cuteness of these flamingo's that got me creating this card so differently!!

The stamps and dies are from Lawn Fawn 'Flamingo Together'. The circle die is from Waffle Flower 'Flower Circles Die Set'. The sun die is from Hero Arts and the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  (Things with Wings)



Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday (Dies/Stencils)

 
Virginia's View Challenge # 22




Better go and get ready! Its early Monday morning and we are off to Nelson soon (a city about 1.5hrs away). Phoebe has an orthodontist appt early Tuesday morning so we are going to spend the day there today and stay the night. Lots of things to do and see (shopping, indoor pool etc) and as we don't get away very often it will be nice to have a change of scenery. And of course I have to pack everything so better hop to it!!

Take care
Shona
 


6 comments:

  1. Great card, Shona! Love the little scene you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card! Love the pretty image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Fabulous scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful scene you created...just love those sweet flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card, so fun.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your win at Work It Wednesday...so well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete