Thursday 30 June 2016

Time Out Challenge # 60

Welcome to Thursday everyone and also to a new challenge at TIME OUT. We have a one week challenge for you and this time we have a card for you to CASE.


This absolutely stunning card is by the incredibly talented Therese Calvird of Lost in Paper. I've been a huge fan of hers for a few years now and she is also the sweetest and most helpful person you could meet. Her colouring skills are out of this world and her videos are a joy to watch. If you haven't visited her blog before, I really encourage you to do so!!

CASEing a card is basically taking inspiration from the card itself and creating your own design. You could like the layout, the colours, the techniques used etc. Its all up to you!!

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Birgit of Crafting While I Wait. Birgit is a 'jack of all trades' when it comes to her designs. She can colour like a pro and uses die-cuts for all sorts of incredible ideas. You really must visit her blog and see all the different projects she has made!!

I pretty much loved EVERYTHING about this card, so ran with the same layout and use of vellum but in a slightly different colour:



Why have I never created a striped background with my water colours before??!! It was so fun and easy to do and looks fantastic. Thank you Therese for this inspiration!

I cut a panel of water colour CS and used my Gansai Tambi water colours to create the striped background. Once this was dry, I adhered it to the card front. Next I cut a piece of vellum the same size as the card and used a curved die to cut the edge. It was a little hard to adhere to my card but I used small strips of double sided tape to hold it in place.

The flower was stamped and heat embossed in white on some water colour CS and I used the same water colour paints to colour it in. I dried it with my heat gun and then fussy cut. This was popped up on some foam tape, along with the sentiment and some sequins. I really hope Therese likes it!!

The flower is from Hero Arts and the sentiment from Altenew. The curved die is from Simon Says Stamp and actually also has 'thanks' die-cut with it but I hid that under the flower. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

As I mentioned before, you only have one week for this challenge, so please link your projects by Wednesday 6th July. And of course the rest of the Design Team have created some beautiful projects on the blog to inspire you. Looking forward to seeing how your inspired by Therese's card in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

 

9 comments:

  1. Shona, you've used your magic once again! Therese's card is gorgeous, but you've taken it to new heights with that FABULOUS vellum ruffle-y panel!! I've not seen this H.A. flower - might be shopping soon!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet words and for sharing such a brilliant CASE, that big beautiful flower has made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I am in love with this. Such a fabulous CASE of Therese's stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaaaah! You've done it again. I always love Therese's work but your take on it seems so fresh and alive. I'll bet she'll get jealous when she sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is amazing and I really love how the flower dominates the card, a real bloom. I a,so adore the colour and girly feel to your card, a real winner Shona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Shona. I love the scalloped vellum. So delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful bloom against those soft stripes, Shona ... that curvy, scalloped vellum is lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous case of Theresa's card. Love the pink and the curvy vellum. But that flower....do you know what the name of it is or what stamp set its from? Thanks

    ReplyDelete